“Stay there at your own risk” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel Lansing

Magnuson Hotel Lansing
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
“Stay there at your own risk”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is one of the worse hotels I ever stayed. I had my sister book this hotel and she did not read previous reviews, big mistake! I wanted a cheap hotel just to crash since we were getting there around midnight and leave in the morning. I just need it a clean bed and bathroom, but this hotel did not provided it that. We got there around midnight night and the front of the hotel from the street looked like the hotel was not open for business, not a lot of light and no cars in the front. So we drove to the back and there were some cars. There was a guy rolling in a chair around the lobby, kinda weird. The front desk attendant was very polite and helpful, nothing bad to say about him. We got to our room and as soon as we got in we notice that he toilet was OBIOUSLY clogged. I have no idea how they "cleaned" the room, made the bed and then didn't cleaned the bathroom. So I had to call to get switch.

The towels were stained.
The bed sheets were stained.
The bed cover smelled bad.
The fire alarm was just hanging by the cables from the wall. I'm not sure if it was working.
The mattress cover came off so we were able to see a huge black stain on the mattress.

We had an emergency and had to leave the hotel 3 hours later after check in, I have never been more glad for an emergency.

Room Tip: Do not stay there.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Ari13apg
Maglansing, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Lansing, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We are sorry to hear that your stay was unpleasant. The conditions that you have described are NOT acceptable. We are happy to hear that our customer service was satisfactory. The hotel is in the process of renovating and we hope that the finished product will be more satisfactory. Once again i would like to apologize for your displeasing stay and thank you for your input. Appropriate steps to correct thees issues will be taken.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tucson, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

It's not the worst hotel I've stayed at (only because I've stayed at two far worse), but...

At check in: no plugs for tub or sink. No ice bucket. When I asked for the last, they couldn't find a spare (in the entire hotel?). Second day, I returned in the evening to find there had been no maid service. Wet towels still there, bed unmade, no replacement of coffee.

On the side, wallpaper beginning to peel, crack in the toilet base, grouting on tile looks like it was done by an amateur. I didn't see any mold, but the weather was quite cold.

To be fair, the price was cheap, the bed good, and I slept well. But I won't be returning.

It's rather hard to find because Pennsylvania Ave. divides up at that point and is not well signed. If coming from the north, aim to go under the highway. Just before the highway, look to your left.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank David H

Travelers are raving about these Lansing hotels

Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Mold on the shower curtian. Mold on the caulk in the bathrub. Leaking faucet in bathtub. Poor TV reception. TV Remote does not work. Panels below window look like they could be pushed out. Elevator not working properly Walked down 3 flights to leave. I was happy to do so.
Do NOT STAY HERE!

The candid picture were from a time long, long ago.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank K B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel
Ramada Lansing Hotel And Conference Center
Red Roof Inn Lansing East
Red Roof Inn Lansing East
#19 of 26 in Lansing
3.5 of 5 stars 153 reviews
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
University Quality Inn
University Quality Inn
#15 of 26 in Lansing
3.5 of 5 stars 276 reviews
Red Roof Inn Lansing West

Been to Magnuson Hotel Lansing? Share your experiences!