All reviews bistro staff mexican restaurant front desk staff room was clean business trip free weights checking out off the highway comfortable stay excellent stay enjoyed my stay indoor pool one night stay fitness center parking lot kathy smith
Reviewed August 22, 2018

Score of 3 only because the property is undergoing major renovation and is pretty torn up. Once inside, hardly noticeable except for external noise.

However, the real purpose of my review (my first on Trip Advisor by the way) is to compliment an employee. I travel extensively for work and stay in Marriott properties 3-4 times for several days each month. I am at Platinum Elite status and just a few stays away from Platinum Premier Elite. In all of my stays, I have never received the level of excellent service or felt as cared for as I did by an employee by the name of Kathy Smith. She is the epitome or service excellence and went far beyond what anyone should expect in terms of making me feel like an important customer...and she didn't know my status. Frankly, she was providing the same level of service to everyone around me. Simply put, if I can hire her away, I will. When I stay at the property next, it will be because of the service that Kathy provided and how valued she made me feel as a Marriott customer.

Room Tip: Ask for wing away from interstate side of hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Patrick B, General Manager at Courtyard Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Thank you darklygre!

It was a pleasure to speak with you this week about your recent encounter with Kathy! She truly is an outstanding member of our team and we are privileged to have such a wonderful person work among us. We are looking forward to our outside renovation being complete and everything be updated. It is loyal guest such as your self that let us know how we are excelling that keep everyone going. We have shared your kind words with the entire team and especially Kathy!

Again thank you and we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

The room was really nice and went down in the morning to grab a coffee and Kathy did a wonderful job with making the coffee drinks and she was sweet and nice and a blast to talk to! Thank you Kathy!!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2018

This was the perfect location for my family. Clean well maintained hotel, polite helpful staff and great location. The pool and the courtyard were an added plus for my family. The kids loved it. Plenty of nearby restaurants for food.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night. We had trouble finding the hotel as our gps wouldn’t take us to the correct road. Upon entering parking lot noticed lots of construction, no main door to enter. Looked very sketchy, no landscaping, outside walls need paint, etc. We called the hotel and was told to ring doorbell which we did and no one answered. Finally someone leaving let us in a side door.
Check in was smooth, room was clean and bed/pillow very comfortable. I did enjoy the ability to access Netflix and free hbo.
No continental breakfast, we ate at a local bakery.
The pool area looked nice from our window but there was about 10 men, I would guess part of the construction crew that had basically taken the place over so we opted out.
Upon checkout noticed someone had put zip tie on side door so anyone could come in and roam if they wanted. A little concerning.
Nevertheless, the stay was good. Hopefully for others the construction is an update to the exterior which is badly needed. I would stay again if/when the construction was completed.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Thank you mrw4164!

We certainly appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are in the middle of updating the main entry and hope that the work will be completed faster than scheduled. I am glad that once you entered the hotel you were able to enjoy the amenities. I apologize about not being able to use the pool, we did have a large golf group in house which could be mistaken as crew members. I assure you that our staff and renovation team members do not use the guest facilities as to not encroach on your experience. I do hope that you return and see us when our work is complete.

Again thank you!

Reviewed August 2, 2018

The staff at the Courtyard Marriott was wonderful. Kathy (at the Bistro) especially was so friendly, helpful, and warm, and went out of her way to make sure our needs were met. Will definitely return!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business