“The lobby is new...”

Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Hudson, Wisconsin
“The lobby is new...”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Started by realizing the place has a beautiful new lobby. Close to several fabulous restaurants and shopping.

They do not have elevators. They did their best accommodating me, I registered for a suite they gave me a regular room and lowered my rate by ten dollars with free breakfast.

The shower filled up to my ankles...gross,

The staff was terrific, however I don't think this Marriott (physically) is a good reflection of what Marriott is all about.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 7, 2011

The hotel has definitely made some recent improvements as far as decor. The staff were very pleasant and helpful during my stay. I didn't have any issues with my internet connection while I was there. The bed was very comfortable, and the flat screenTV was a nice touch. The hotel and parking seemed safe, and there is fabulous shopping across the road.

On the downside, in both of my recent stays, the rooms had a musty smell. The water took a really long time (at least 4 minutes) to get hot/warm in the sink. I would actually have to turn it on and do other things before it heated up. I do feel the bathrooms could be updated as well-- toilets didn't flush so well (little things like that are important touches!).

Overall, I would stay there again, but I wouldn't be too excited about it.... just an average hotel.

Room Tip: Check rates on hotel website as they are very similar to those on discount travel websites.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank leedeedav
Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Very nice hotel. Recently renovated. However, they made a very poor decision to eliminate the hot tub in the renovation.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank brzdvm
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I was never a fan of Courtyards before I visited a coworker in one of the new Courtyards. The lobby is inviting with different seating arrangements - high tables and bar stools, sofas and coffee tables, secluded booths, interactive tv display and breakfast/snack/bar area. So I decided to book a room and was hooked. The rooms are large, comfortable, quiet (even though I was overlooking the highway), lots of channels on the flat screen. Service was friendly, breakfast had a lot of healthy options and there was - yes - a very nice courtyard. Only downside, a tiny gym and no swimming pool - but overall a great place to stay in a very good location between downtown Lansing and East Lansing.

2 Thank travelador
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Stayed here for an out of town family wedding. By booking 3 nights or more, the rates were almost cut in half. It was great to be able to stay in a place so close to everything else~the Mall, restaurants, shopping and easy access on/off highway. Beautiful grounds and surroundings as well.

Room Tip: Inside would be quieter~some have balconies.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank srainone
Stevens Point, WI
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I recently had to stay here while traveling on business and I found the hotel to be very nice. It was more modern than I was expecting. The staff was very friendly and they had a Starbucks onsite, which is great for the business traveler. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable - no complaints here.

It is true that there aren't any elevators, but it was not an inconvenience at all for me since I had a one-nighter suitcase and dont mind the extra exercise:)

There is also a Mexican restaurant (La Senoritas) next door to the hotel that has fabulous margaritas. I would recommend going here as well!

2 Thank doxikittens
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Located right off the highway, yet had no noise! Quick and easy check in, updated lobby with small bar and good breakfast. Staff was very friendly and efficient. Rooms were very clean, bed was comfortable, and plenty of hot water,though not the most up to date. I will say that I don't expect top of the line when I'm not paying for it, either. The hotel was completely booked, yet i never had to wait in a line, nor would I have ever guessed it was full, as I never heard a peep while in my room which was close to the back entrance. I booked the room using a bid site, and got the room for a song. Will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank ladyupnorth03
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
University Quality Inn
University Quality Inn
#14 of 25 in Lansing
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lansing

Been to Courtyard Lansing? Share your experiences!