“You're gold if you are a regular”

Golden Harvest Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 453 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The food is unmatched in quality, innovation and portion size, but the wait is worth it (Hint: go at 2pm)

There are newer reviews for Golden Harvest Restaurant

Reviewed March 17, 2012

The food is great, the service is okay, and the wait Is long. But other than that it is pretty darn good.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

This place has a bit of a cult following...yep, it's that good. Plan on waiting both to get a table and once you get seated and it's gonna be LOUD inside. Well worth the wait and bring some earplugs if you don't like loud music. The food is ridiculously good. They always have interesting specials available in addition to their fabulous menu choices. The French toast is ridiculous (you'll probably need to go for a walk that afternoon to burn some calories...a long walk). My favorite thing is the biscuits and gravy. Hands down the best B&G I've ever had...and I've had my fair share for sure!

Can't wait to go back. I am getting hungry just thinking about this place!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

My husband and I's favorite breakfast place, hands down!

Reviewed February 17, 2012

I love the food at Golden Harvest but I have to ask myself if the after meal payoff is worth the tortuously slow, painfully neglectful service in order to receive it. This place has a very loyal fan base of regulars who are established friends of the people who work here. I have sat here several times for more than an hour and watched people come and go while I was ignored and forgotten. The people who love this place, really love it. The rest of us just have to wait to find out what the fuss is about. The food is great when you finally get it, probably the best breakfast in town. They are victims of their own success. They don't need to be nicer, they don't need to be faster. They can just keep doing what they're doing and the business just keeps coming. Forget about going there on the weekend it is too busy and the place is too small. Eclectic decor, very original. I recommend adding an ala carte pancake to your meal and always go for the home fries over the hash browns. Make sure you bring cash, they don't take plastic money from "the man".

3  Thank Andre P