“Delicious Middle Eastern Food!!!”

Jerusalem Bakery Incorporated
Ranked #1 of 6 Bakeries in Lansing
“Delicious Middle Eastern Food!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Today was my first time here, and I was quite impressed! I WILL be back. I had a chicken shawarma sandwich and it was delicious. I ordered it spicy.

• Visited April 2013

Okemos, Michigan
“A middle-east bakery in Lansing”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stopped in at the Jerusalem Bakery for the first time. Had a hard time deceiding what to buy. The fresh baked pita, pasteries, and sandwiches all sounded and looked good. Everything I purchased was wonderful. Will be going back real soon.

• Visited April 2013
Olivet, Michigan
“Falafel, grapeleaves and much more”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Jerusalem Bakery is small but full of good things. Jerusalem Bakery has fresh baked pita bread and the best pita chips I've found. Their hummus is delicious (as I sat there inhaling it tonight) and they have a light menu of all sorts of Middle Eastern goodies. I had a falafel sandwich on fresh pita that was absolutely delicious. They don't cook the falafel until you order it so it tastes absolutely scrumptious. The grape leaves (I bought an order of meat filled grape leaves to share with my friends) were tasty and my friends ordered samosas which disappeared quite quickly. The store is actually a bakery but they have a couple of tables in the store so you can order your food and sit there to eat it. (Or, get it to go as numerous folks did while we sat there.)

I love to cook Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food and I have a hard time sometimes finding the spices and ingredients I need (at a reasonable price.) I was able to stock up on tahini, falafel mix, kefir and other delectables and everything else I needed (and then some.)

The owners of the shop on on site and were very friendly. I'll be making this a part of my monthly supply rounds in Lansing (Asian, Indian and now Jerusalem.) I like supporting local shops and while I guess Lansing isn't really local, it's the only place I've got to get the food I like.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank oakselkie
Detroit, Michigan
“the best hummus and pitas around”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Without a doubt, the best place in town to get homemade pita bread and hummus topped with a sprinkle of paprika. A must try especially for hummus-loving vegetarians and those who prioritize supporting mom & pops type businesses. The pita bread is best if eaten fresh out of the oven!

• Visited February 2012