“My regular breakfast spot”

Sparty's Coney Island Frandor
Ranked #93 of 458 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pizza
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Some buddies and I go out for breakfast about every other week. We always do Spartys in Frandor (Golden Harvest in Old Town is my favorite, but its distance is not worth the difference). The morning service is excellent and the cooks do breakfast well (eggs, potatoes, sausage and huge pancakes). One of our trio is very picky about the potatoes: he likes fried potatoes in chunks, not shredded. We often get the special because it is such a good deal -- a large plate stuffed with eggs, sausage, potatoes, and toast. Two of us eat there with juice and tea for $13.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Timothy H. Clay

For my birthday I wanted coney dogs, We went to Spartys in Frandor. We walked in and sat down, no one waited on us, another bunch came in, the waitress runs right over to them and starts taking thier order after we had already been there 10 minutes before them. We got up and started leaving noone tried to stop us or even said have a nice night. I later called to let management know what had happened and the guy that answered the phone acted like it was no big deal! I suppose the next time I want a coney for my birthday I will drive to Chicago! I had to give it one star but they don't deserve that..

Reviewed December 7, 2011

I have eaten at many Spartys around Lansing, they are all great (or at least they used to be when they were all open). Just happy that there is one left! The breakfasts are great and huge and of course the coneys are excellent. Very simple menu. Typical diner atmosphere..Great service, great food, great price..what more do you need?

Reviewed June 18, 2009

The coney dogs are to die for. And if you order pancakes, come with a huge appetite! The service is pretty quick. The food is cheap but tasty. And it's worth the drive to get there!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 17, 2008

Unbeatable value. But I always have to ask for them to go easy on the cheese. I do NOT need an entire handful of cheddar in my omelet, thank you. Awesome pancakes.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook