“Excellence in Lansing”

Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Eating at the Soup Spoon Cafe reminds one of sitting ocean-side in a costal city having a great lunch that's unique and healthy. On a recent visit my daughter had the Lamb Burger which was perfectly prepared and served with soup, salad or chips. I had vegtable stir-fry a lightly lemony mix of asian veggies served with brown rice. "Sharables" on the lunch menu include Cherry Bomb Shrimp, Seared Scallops and a Greek Island Plate. Other interesting lunch options are Shrimp Vodoo Pasta, Jakes' Kickin' Pastrami and the Wrapton. You can easily get lunch for around $10. All the soups are excellent. We took the opportunity to review the breakfast and dinner menus, both looking excellent and reasonably priced. This is a great place, not to be passed up for any meal, any occasion!

2  Thank Kay M

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I ordered the Pesto Prima Vera $7 .Vegetables tossed with linguine in a pesto cream sauce. Add seared chicken $1.99. Add shrimp $2.99. I added seared chicken. Absolutely fantastic. It came to the table in a 12 inch serving bowl, steaming hot, veg ( red pepper, onion, shredded carrot, snow peas, mushrooms)seared just right. The linguine was nice and hot, but had a nice toothsome bite to it and not soggy. The sauce was the best I have had. Nothing from a jar here. Bits of toasted pine nuts gently dispersed in a velvety cream sauce, flecks of fresh Basil throughout, with a mild hint of garlic. Seared chicken in bite sized pieces was tossed into the dish, tender and flavorful. Fresh parm was grated on top, and a crusty piece of italian bread was nestled on the side of the dish. HOME RUN. I couldn't work my way through the generous serving, so I took half of it to go, and now I am eating it at my desk because I cannot resist.
Service was very good.
They get crowded by 11:30.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have been to this restaurant at least one every two weeks for the last two years and have had consistently great experiences. The menu is interesting and varied and they are always changing out various michigan craft beers on their menu. There are entrees and small plates and it is fun to split two small plates and an entree which is still plenty of food. I believe I have had everything on their menu at least once. The specials are always something new and interesting as well. I would recommend reservations at busy times because it's gotten so popular.

1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We've eaten here many times. Family weekend breakfast get togethers, lunch with co-workers, dinner with just my husband. We've never been disappointed. The best Manhattan I've ever had. Great wait staff. It can be very busy.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We love love the Soup Spoon. They have an amazing craft beer selection and the food never disappoints. They use local or organic ingredients as much as possible but don't hike the price up like Red Haven or Fork in the Road. My favorite is the voodoo pasta.