“Consistently Excellent”

Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have been to this restaurant at least one every two weeks for the last two years and have had consistently great experiences. The menu is interesting and varied and they are always changing out various michigan craft beers on their menu. There are entrees and small plates and it is fun to split two small plates and an entree which is still plenty of food. I believe I have had everything on their menu at least once. The specials are always something new and interesting as well. I would recommend reservations at busy times because it's gotten so popular.

1  Thank ISATraveler

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We've eaten here many times. Family weekend breakfast get togethers, lunch with co-workers, dinner with just my husband. We've never been disappointed. The best Manhattan I've ever had. Great wait staff. It can be very busy.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We love love the Soup Spoon. They have an amazing craft beer selection and the food never disappoints. They use local or organic ingredients as much as possible but don't hike the price up like Red Haven or Fork in the Road. My favorite is the voodoo pasta.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This little restaurant is known for its great soups and sandwiches. Small, intimate dining space so get there early during lunch time.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have visited Soup Spoon for several meals--breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as just drinks. They're a worthwhile choice in Lansing, particularly because the chain restaurants have a heavy presence here. The menu is diverse, although I do think they could step it up a bit creatively. I don't find myself agonizing over what to choose, as I have felt with other independent restaurants--and I actually look forward to that. The food and service here can be great, and they can be mediocre. It just depends on the day. We do return, because the ability to find fresh, somewhat local food here is not an easy task, and Soup Spoon does a decent job.