“Great downtown lunch”

Dining options: Buffet
Okemos, Michigan
“Great downtown lunch”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Have eaten here a number of times when meeting friends in downtown Lansing. Food is good. A decent selection. Staff is always friendly and helpful. I would recommend eating here when in this area. It can get crowed lunch time suggest getting there by 11:45.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Chipperhigh2

“always excellent”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

i've been a million times, and it always impresses; this place is always busy, no matter what time of day. i've even swung by late at night and found a room full of hungry people!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank kittytwist
Lansing, Michigan
“Great Chinese food in downtown area”
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Empire Szechuan has a great Chinese buffet in downtown Lansing. I'm not sure about dinner time prices, but if you head there at lunch on a weekday they have a "lunchtime special" and the buffet is listed at $5.99, which comes out to just $6.35 after tax. I think it's a dollar or two more if you get a soft drink, but I always get water so that's the price I pay.

The selection isn't huge, but they have plenty that I like. There is just one main "cart" with the food, and then a secondary cart with some deserts. To be honest, none of the deserts look good - I tried one of the cookies a long time ago and it was terrible, so I've never tried anything else from that area since then. However, the actual Chinese food is great. I always get a few different types of chicken with some broccoli thrown in and top it off with white rice. Always great.

However, my girlfriend is a vegetarian - I brought her there once and she hated it. She didn't find anything that she liked, so she pretty much didn't eat anything and went across the street for Jimmy John's afterward. So I guess beware that the vast majority of their food is chicken or some type of meat. I love it though, I work downtown so I usually eat there 2-3 times a month.

I think you can also order take out, but I have no experience with that. When I go, I always eat inside.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank JoulesMSU
Williamston, Michigan
“Excellent Chinese Food”
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Excellent food. Buffet is good, but ordering from menu is best. Restaurant is overall too quiet -- you can hear everything from every table. They need some music or something. Service is just o.k. -- with an Asian staff, it is somewhat hard to tell what they are saying, and they don't come around too much. Overall though, a place worth seeking out in the heart of downtown Lansing.

2 Thank larslentz
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolute Favorite”
Reviewed December 10, 2009

This is my absolute favorite Chinese restaurant in Lansing. Very good quality food, reasonable prices, and prompt delivery. I have ordered delivery numerous times and only once had a problem with it. They promptly returned with the correct meal at no additional charge. Their pork dumplings and beef lo mein are some of the best I've ever had.

1 Thank LansingGirl