“Speedy service, good food and plenty for leftovers.”
Review of Bangkok House

Bangkok House
Ranked #229 of 448 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: Thai
Lansing, Michigan
“Speedy service, good food and plenty for leftovers.”
Reviewed April 12, 2011

My tablemate ordered fried tofu and it was actually better than I thought it was going to be. I had Gang Gai which is sautéed meat with Thai hot curry in coconut milk with bamboo shoots, green pepper, green pea and basil. I got it spicy and it was good! They gave you quite a bit and you may take some to go.

• Visited April 2011

Lansing, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shi%^y Restaurant with Great Food”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

If you're looking for a place to take your first date, look somewhere else. If you're looking for a place to eat some great food and sweat your balls off, then you've found the place.

Bangkok house has great food at a reasonable price. The restaurant is dirty and nothing really impressive to look at. The wait staff is great. They're there to take your order and get you your food. Sometimes the language barrier restricts their ability to communicate, which results in some of the bad reviews that you've read about having "bad service." I actually prefer this kind of service compared to the regular, "hi, my name is _____, and I'll be your server tonight."

1 Thank Mjay413
East Lansing, Michigan
“Once again the Tom Yum soup was...”
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Once again the Tom Yum soup was outstanding and the Pad Thai reliably good. I love this food and my friend, new to BH was aptly impressed.

lansing
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service, tasteless food, dirty place”
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I have been to this restaurant twice and each time I walked out soo disappointed.
I always thank GOD for the food I have and so I never say any food is bad or find fault with it. But the service and quality of food was sooo horrible here that I really wanted to write a comment so that no one suffers again.Trust me..I am soo disappointed that I made sure to write comment for first time in my life for a restaurant. The lady who takes orders ( who also owns it) is soo RUDE...Omg..she almost yells while taking orders..as if we are homeless. Food is totally tasteless.. Service is sooo bad.. No one checks on you after they serve food.. You have to keep looking for more than 15 mins to even have ur water refilled. (NO free REFILLS on softdrinks, that too served in small glass)

1 Thank RitaMI
Michigan
“see no evil, hear no evil, and you'll taste no better”
Reviewed March 21, 2010

The negative reviews are in part correct. The place is dirty, the staff can be abrupt to the point of it being comical, and the service is generally uneven with respect to how fast you'll get waited on or when you'll get your food. But .... while I've never been to Thailand, I've had Thai food in Asia, Europe, and all over the US and I've never had better.