“Nice New Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lansing West
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Newer Hotel, great place, great service, would use again. Got a King Studio Suite, comfortable and roomy. Styled better than discount hotels, but not over done. Cool lobby and seating area. New room keycard type worked well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brent T
Hampton Inn and... H, Front desk agent at Hampton Inn & Suites Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

On behalf of the Hampton Inn & Suites Lansing/West, I would like to express my sincere appreciation in response to your recent stay at our hotel. I look forward to your return visit & hopefully we can meet & exceed your expectations.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

When the new Hampton Inn in West Lansing was out of power due to an ice storm, they backed up their policy of 100% satisfaction/guaranteed by paying our room costs at a neighboring hotel. We appreciated their sincere efforts to keep their guests happy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie B

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I loved this hotel! It is new and you can tell the staff take pride in taking care of it. The room was clean and spacious and I loved the breakfast area. The location was convenient, and I enjoyed working out in the fitness room as well. The only improvement I could recommend was when I asked the front desk for restaurant recommendations. They pointed me to what they described as a "great local Italian spot" called Cugilo's. I went and was not highly impressed. I specifically asked for an Italian restaurant initially and the front desk forgot to mention that there was a Carrabba's Italian Grill less than a mile away - that is one of my favorites! So next time, I know better....other than that small hiccup it was a great trip!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cookiemonster1908

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This Hampton Inn is really high quality. The hotel is either new or newly remodeled. Furniture in the room was great. Bathroom fixtures new. Lobby is very inviting with flat screen TV. Great place to relax or discuss events of the day with colleague. The only reason I rated service as very good as opposed to excellent was because the front desk clerk was away from the desk when I was checking out. Otherwise great service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Carolyn M

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Outstanding place to stay. I had work at the University and on paper it looked a little far away. I would go back even if it were 30 miles out of the way! Food was best of all my hotel stays. Guest services friendly and genuine about their services. Place is new and the decor is most appropriate for the region. Couldn't ask for a better stay. By the way, there are plenty of restaurants around the area, and didn't have to compete with the college town hang-outs.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank L Richmond S

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is one of the best hotel stays I've enjoyed in a while and I travel for business a lot. A new facility with terrific décor, a great staff, and all the amenities made this a terrific place to spend the evening.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Russell M

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is just 2 months old and it is a very nice addition to the hotels in the Landing area. We stayed here for the Michigan-Michigan State football game and found the hotel to be very convenient to Spartan Stadium. It was a bit pricy for a Hampton - I paid $160 a night. I attributed this to it being a football weekend, but you might want to check around and see if you can do better. We made our reservations only a short time before the game and there were no other options in the area at the time.

Since it is new everything is up to date and working fine. It sports all the anticipated Hampton amenities. So, why only 4 stars instead of 5? Noise. For some reason normal conversations of people walking by in the hallway carried into the room crystal clear as if there were no intervening walls. I don't mention noise if there's simply a rowdy guest on the loose as no hotel is perfectly soundproof. But this was not the case here. The people out in the hallway were simply having a normal conversation as they walked by. I sleep soundly and it didn't bother me, but it bothered my wife who is a light sleeper. I have no idea why the sounds carried as well as they did, but they did, at least for our room on the second floor.

So, it's always a good idea to get a room as far down the hall away from the elevator as possible, but here I especially recommend it. The less traffic in the hallway outside your room, the less noise.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family