“First experience/impression”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Lansing, Michigan, United States
“First experience/impression”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I do not usually right reviews, but my first experience with Jalapeno's was horrible. A group of us at a government building placed an order. It took over 30 minutes to get through to place a phone order. it took well over an hour to get the order for breakfast. The food was mushy and did not impress. They would not accept multiple credit cards which made the ordering process even more inconvenient. They mis-wrapped a burrito and someone ate egg when they were not supposed to. When I called to express our disappointment, all the rep did was defy each complaint/issue with his own explanation. No recommendations from this reviewer.

• Visited May 2013

“Breakfast Taco”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I have ate at this place for years both breakfast and lunch. The food is always fresh and flavorful. I have often wish they were open evenings and weekends. However, they are open for the work crowd and Cooley Law students. We have a Thursday standing order at work for breakfast tacos and burritos. I have tried them all a number of times and find myself always going back to the bacon or chorizo! I highly recommend this place if you are in Lansing!

Lansing, Michigan
“Needs to post particulars on how to order.”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Good breakfast burrito but the help was rude when the order wasn't placed the way they wanted it done..."No zoup for you!"

Visited June 2011
Lansing, MI
“A little gem in downtown Lansing”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

if you appreciate authentic homemade Mexican food. They are always busy, and fast once you get to put your order in.

Lansing, mi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best mexican food in Lansing!”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I recently started working downtown, but have lived in Lansing my whole life. I had never been to Jalapeno's. What a little secret to downtown. I had lunch with my co-workers. We had the chicken flautas, chicken tortilla soup, pork carnitas, and the macho nachos full order, shredded beef. The nachos were the best I have ever had. Everything else was excellent. Very authentic, good flavor. Don't be afraid if they have a long line, they move people well. Service is good too. Prices are affordable. The person that gave this place a bad review, must be one of those people you can't ever please. I can guarantee that this will be my new favorite. Mexican anyone?

• Visited October 2011