“Noisy”

SpringHill Suites Lansing
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Currently staying here and all I am hearing are constantly banging doors. The interior is being remodeled and Im not sure if the contractors are staying here right now, but its after 11 pm and the doors are banging away.

• Stayed: February 2013
Patrick B, Manager at SpringHill Suites Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear j_j9607,

I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by our construction crew. This issue has been addressed and this will be discussed internally. If you wish please contact me personally at (517)627-0002 I would like to address these concerns with you.

Patrick Baum
Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Lansing

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here during MSU homecoming weekend after the Marriott lost our reservation. This is a cute place with nicely appointed (but somewhat small) guest rooms. There was still work being done on the exterior of the building and the workers didn't seem to have cleaned up very well around the outside. We had to push debris away from the side outside door to get it opened. The room was clean and daily housekeeping was excellent. The front desk informed us that they were in a pilot with a new breakfast concept. We were expecting something good but our experience was that the breakfast was not as good as we usually get at a Hampton Inn. Each day they served scrambled eggs that were totally disgusting. Other than some sausage one day, these eggs were the only protein available. When I complained at the desk, I was told that the eggs actually start out as real eggs (not powdered). They are scrambled and then frozen and then thawed each morning. UGG! I was also told that Hampton Inn is able to do a better breakfast because they have kitchens....The muffins, cereal, breads, etc. were the same each day and very average. No cinnamon buns. They only have "make your own" waffles on the weekend. I was told that the new concept included a variety of toppings (chocoloate chips I do not need for breakfast). I really just wanted some sort of quality protein and not a carb/fat fest. Luckily, Bob Evans and Cracker Barrel are just down the road. We will probably not choose a Springhill Suites again because the breakfast is important to us when we travel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanne323
Patrick B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we performed. Like you mentioned we are within the breakfast pilot program and any feedback is great. Springhill Suites as a brand wants to make sure our guests can enjoy and keep coming back. Along side the eggs and protein, we also provide a quiche and fresh fruit. I will take your valued input and make sure that I will pass it along to our Vice President when the pilot has concluded. It is still a work in progress to find that perfect blend.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here the weekend of the first MSU game ....this was the only place we could find accomodations(and we were not there for the game). The staff was very friendly; the acccomodations were good; the room was a bit small for a suite but it was comfortable. We ate breakfast there one morning; I was not really impressed with the food but it was okay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Patrick B, Manager at SpringHill Suites Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for letting us know how we performed during your stay. The area sure does get busy during the football season and I am glad that you were able to stay with us in September. Unfortunately, it looks like you just missed our completely revamped breakfast. We know that our breakfast had become dull and we were chosen as one of the few Springhill Suites to do a test run of the new display. We have heard lots of great comments about everything. If you are back in the area in the future I invite you to stay with us again and let us know how the new breakfast program compares to before.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The staff were friendly, but the product was poor for a Marriott. I had a whirlpool suite that had little or no hot water, an old TV that only worked in black and white, and a blow dryer that caught on fire. Also, the complementary breakfast was below Marriott's standards.

I understand that they are going to remodel in December 2012. My advice is to stay somewhere else until then.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Patrick B, Manager at SpringHill Suites Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us and also the kind words about our staff. We truly strive to make sure every guest has a great experience here. Now to address your other concerns about the condition of the hotel and some of our amenities. I do apologize about the hote water issue, it is something that is an ongoing battle and on busy nights it certainly can affect the water temperature. I am proud to announce that we are part of a new breakfast program that Marriott has rolled out and we have begun an entirely new breakfast program. Springhill Suites as a brand wants to adapt to our guests and our pilot program is designed to get input from our guests. Like you have already stated we will be undergoing full renovations starting in December which will update all amenities. I do invite you to come back and stay with us and please feel free to contact me directly to make any reservations.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here on a whim as I was running a half marathon up near Laingsburg. While the East Lansing/MSU hotels may have been closer to the race, the prices just seemed too steep.
The facility and rooms were clean and neat, the room was equipped with a sitting area and a small kitchenette. The bed and pillows were quite comfortable!
My favorite part about this stay was the staff. Everyone I spoke to from the time I made the reservation to the moment I checked out was incredibly kind and helpful. Upon entering my room I immediately noticed the lovely note from a member of the housekeeping staff, which I really enjoyed! In addition, with the timing of my race I expressed my concern about my ability to return to the room post-race to clean up, and they generously offered me a later check out time. I couldn't have been more thankful!
I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Patrick B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Wow, thank you so much for the kind words. We certainly strive to give great customer service and appreciate it when our guest let us know how we do. We understand that it isnt only the main things that matter, but also the personal touches. I invite you to come back and stay with us again and see our new look after February. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here twice this summer, both times the front staff was excellent, breakfast was good value and included in price of room. Pool was a little small but great for kids, overall would definitely stay there again. Good stays both times!

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words. We like to think that we are taking care of our guests and it certainly seems that we were able to meet your expectations. We look forward to a possible return from you in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stay here whenever we have to visit Lansing. The location is great, the staff typically friendly and the rooms clean.

I really do not mind the older properties since sometimes they can have the best staff and located in great places. After the first time staying here we loved it, walmart is within walking distance for any forgotten items and some restaurants for later dining.

The rooms are a bit older looking but they have comfortable beds and are very clean. I do love the space that the King rooms have comapared to the other hotels I have stayed at. The pool is nice just the normal indoor pool but on hot days it's really lovely to have it there.

The staff during the mornings are typically nice as well as some of the check in staff, the later night staff can at times be a bit rude and hard to find but we only expereienced that a couple of times during our stays there.

Breakfast is the normal fare and they do tend to restock it often though on some of the times we were there typically during events or sold out dates it took a bit longer. The breakfast attendant is normally never in sight though.

I do really think this is a good property and worth staying at.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the in depth review. It helps to know where we stand and you have really taken the time to hit on everything. We will be going through a complete renovation in the winter so I hope it will help us maintain our status as the best Marriott property in Lansing.