“Best Marriott Property in Lansing.”

SpringHill Suites Lansing
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stay here whenever we have to visit Lansing. The location is great, the staff typically friendly and the rooms clean.

I really do not mind the older properties since sometimes they can have the best staff and located in great places. After the first time staying here we loved it, walmart is within walking distance for any forgotten items and some restaurants for later dining.

The rooms are a bit older looking but they have comfortable beds and are very clean. I do love the space that the King rooms have comapared to the other hotels I have stayed at. The pool is nice just the normal indoor pool but on hot days it's really lovely to have it there.

The staff during the mornings are typically nice as well as some of the check in staff, the later night staff can at times be a bit rude and hard to find but we only expereienced that a couple of times during our stays there.

Breakfast is the normal fare and they do tend to restock it often though on some of the times we were there typically during events or sold out dates it took a bit longer. The breakfast attendant is normally never in sight though.

I do really think this is a good property and worth staying at.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Patrick B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Thank you so much for the in depth review. It helps to know where we stand and you have really taken the time to hit on everything. We will be going through a complete renovation in the winter so I hope it will help us maintain our status as the best Marriott property in Lansing.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Lansing

Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Clean facility...beds a little hard. Disappointed that they only served breakfast until 9 during the summer tourist season when people are traveling with families. Outside of that no real complaints. A decent place to stay while passing through Lansing

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for taking the time and letting us know how we did. I think that you make an excellent suggestion on our breakfast hours during the summer months. We will take some time and try to make some adjustments to see how we can better accommodate the needs of our summer tourists.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was our first stop on a motorcycle trip in Michigan this summer. The hotel was very clean, and the staff were very friendly. We enjoyed our stay. Rooms had a refrigerator, which was very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christina J

We are very glad that you stayed with us during the motorcycle trip. I am glad that our amenities were able to suit your needs as you were enjoying the open road. Please some back and see us again.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Located right off of I-96, on the west side of Lansing, this hotel is a typical SpringHill Suites. I've stayed in so many of them, I was almost immune to the "age" indicated by some of the other reviews, and I felt the rooms were in perfectly good condition with comfortable beds, working a/c and all of the typical amenities for this style hotel. The only surprise was the bigger/older TV instead of a flat screen, but it got the same channels, and functioned well. Staff is very friendly and they had a decent variety of food/beverages in their marketplace, while a variety of strip mall style shopping and restaurants are very close. WiFi was a little slow, but no worse than most hotel connections.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Patrick B, Manager at SpringHill Suites Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we performed and how our hotel is perceived by our guests. Our staff goes to great lengths to keep our hotel looking fresh and making sure that our "age" doesn't show through. We will be undergoing a full renovation in the winter of this year. This means brand new televisions and updated amenities. I invite you to come back and check us out and I hope that you will enjoy yourself as much as you did the first time.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed here one night since I was leaving from the Lansing Airport the next morning. I was surprised that they didn't have an airport shuttle service. Staff was extremely friendly, the hotel is clean and nice, bed was comfy. I agree with one of the reviewers where the rooms are oddly layed out but it is neat to have a seperate living room area and the bed on the other side of the wall. It definitely as I was staying in a suite versus a regular hotel room. Still had tube TV's but it worked well which is all that really mattered. Nice breakfast spread. I'd stay here again. Price was reasonable comparable to other well known chain hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know how your stay was with us. In regards to a few of your comments you should know that there are a few changes in the works. We will be renovating in the winter and we will be replacing all of the televisions throughout the hotel. Instead of only one tv there will be two in each of our double rooms, this should help with the design of the room. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope that you will come back in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites for one night in order to visit the Potter Park Zoo. The hotel was about 1.5 hours from our home. We were very pleased with our stay. We had 4 kids and 2 adults - and it isn't easy finding somewhere to fit that many in one room for under $150. The room was very clean and comfortable. I agree with the other reviewers that the layout of the room is a little weird - there is a pinch point in the room and it's right where the kids camp out in order to see the TV so it got a little congested in the room. The hotel was very busy that night but we never heard anyone during the night. The pool was fine for a one night stay - the kids said no one else even came into the pool area while they were swimming. We were very happy and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we performed. Lansing has so much to offer in terms of site seeing, it is considered one of the hidden gems within Michigan. We will be getting brand new tv's in the winter and some rooms will have two tv's in order to avoid the pinch point. We are extremely excited and I hope that you will stay with us again if you choose to travel this way again.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We spent two nights at this SpringHill Suites. First, the good points: the beds were very comfortable; the staff was extremely pleasant; the free breakfast was better than most in hotels of this type; and the location is good. On the negative side: this is the oldest SpringHill in which I've ever stayed and it looked/felt it; although I did have a flat screen TV in my room, it was not HD (I was told at the hotel that not all rooms have even flat screens, let alone HD -- confirming the review below by another traveler); perhaps most problematic was the shape of the room -- we had 2 doubles and a pull out couch, but the two doubles were on one side of the room with the pull out on the other, and the tv was between the pullout and the closer of the two doubles (so, the people sleeping in the double farther from the TV couldn't see it). Likely would find another place to stay when I return to the Lansing area (my daughter is starting at Michigan State in the fall, so we'll be making more frequent trips to the area (whether my daughter likes it or not :)).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Il0vebaseball
Patrick B, Manager at SpringHill Suites Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us. We take great pride in our staff service and I am glad to hear you were treated well. To address your concerns with the layout of the room and televisions, both are being updated by the end of the year. We will beginning our renovations process and will be replacing all televisions with the LCD tvs. The rooms that you mentioned it being difficult to see the tv from both sides of the room will have two televisions.

Again I do thank you for staying with us and I sure hope that you will come back in the future.

Best Regards,