“Potential - but limited for now”
Review of Old Town

Old Town
Ranked #7 of 76 things to do in Lansing
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I want to shop here --- there are art-oriented shops that I love --- but there often isn't enough here to warrant an afternoon off to wander around so it is often forgotten --- if only some of the Williamston restaurants and a theatre would move in !!! -- it would turn an evening at the theatre in to an event.

Still -- holidays -- be sure to make a pass through Old Town --- favorite lawn sculpture (fan and other industrial materilals turned in to a hand-crank flower) found here --- sift, dig, browse, shop

1  Thank vogon_poet

Reviewed October 10, 2012

What a turnaround for this side of town. I recall when it had two or three lovely junk shops and a couple rundown bars. Go there to shop, to meet people and maybe live in the surrounding neighborlhood which is ascending. Keep Lansing cool!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have a great expectations when I visited the Old Town. I expect it to be a neighborhood that I would love to spend my leisure afternoon here, drinking coffee, some cute shops. What I found here are a lot of empty stores, closed businesses, and nothing really interesting. I do hope people will develop this area better (like downtown in Holland or Traverse city?)

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I'm from that side of town so it was bitter sweet going back home. Some things have changed for the better but not much. And there are some spots that have gone down hill but all in all it was heartwarming to go back home even for a little while.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just the place to while away and morning or afternoon. Cute Shops and Good restaurants. It will be a nice place to spend on a fall afternoon or anytime. Would love to visit during the holidays

1  Thank ParTcake