“Great kids museum for my 3-6 year olds”

Impression 5 Science Center
Ranked #4 of 69 things to do in Lansing
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive museum engages all five senses in the exploration, understanding and appreciation of the wonders of physical science.
Gaylord, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great kids museum for my 3-6 year olds”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We visited this museum today after my first graders school was cancelled due to a power outage. We are members at the Imagination Station in Toledo. And while this Imagination Station is our favorite, this place DEFINATELY beats out the Hands On Museum in Ann Arbor. Volunteers were friendly and my 3 boys absulutely loved the exhibits. In fact, I'd go as far to to say that this museum is geared more towards the boys. Very age appropriate for my kiddos ages. Loved IT!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank teeteebee

michigan
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Must go !”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This science center was wonderful. There were a lot of stuff for the the kids to touch and play with. My husband and I also got into it and were playing. It is a small place but that was a good thing. I could let my kids go from one station to another without me close by. I will definitely want to go back there . When it was time to leave , the kids did not want to leave!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank kabtravel
Chesterfield, Michigan
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Kids didn't want to leave!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Tucked in an old brick building downtown, right along the river, Impression 5 has been a childhood favorite for decades. I remember visiting as a child more than 25 years ago, and it's better than ever.

Plenty to see, with the majority of the exhibits being hands-on. Bubble room, water room, Michigan flora and fauna room, light room, music room, building/design/construction areas, as well as areas to explore physics.

The museum has reciprocal membership arrangements with other science museums, so we were able to get in for free using our membership card from another location!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mcmackme
Michigan
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Always fun and interesting”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

A great place to take preschool, elementary through Middle school age children. My husband and I even enjoy a visit.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank cklevine
Lansing, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a Fun Place!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I haven't been since about 2011, but this place is great. They have great activities for kids; I suggest elementary school age. There are lots of different things to get kids thinking without them feeling like they are "in school". A great place to take kids and really see them open up and have fun (I'm thinking if you have kids visit that you don't know too well) as well as parents of course!

Visited August 2012