All reviews holiday inn public areas comfortable beds average hotel staff was friendly east lansing coffee maker valencia conference courtyard msu
Reviewed March 2, 2018

My wife and I spent a most enjoyable weekend at the Causeway Bay Hotel, Our suite was clean, the bed was comfortable, the staff were friendly, and the price was right. Definitely worth the drive from Canada.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank deniseballantyne
Reviewed December 6, 2017

Hotel was ok, dated and in need of some updating. Room was clean, beds were comfy. The pool area was a disaster, as the hot tub was not working, the pool was very cold, and the only working item, the sauna, was filled with about 20 9-10 year olds that were just annoying as hell!

ALWAYS look online for better prices than at the hotel. When I arrived, was quoted $149 per night, went out to my car, went online, and booked it for $124.

Staff was friendly, parking was in a bad location, and was quite a walk from the main hotel area. Like I said, it worked, but I am not sure I would do it again at that price!

Room Tip: ask for top floor for quiet!
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

We were put up the the suite. Very clean, spacious, very friendly. Staff for check in was very friendly. Staff on check out was very friendly. The beds are the BEST. They are heavenly. The minute you put you head down the comfort just surrounds you. Will be back.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennifero725
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

After a terrible experience at the Super 8 in East Lansing (check out my review), I found this gem of a hotel on Hotwire for less than $125. I was convinced that no matter what the hotel was like, it couldn't be any worse than where we had just spend $129 for a room that smelled like urine, and had been refused a refund.

Upon check-in, I was met with a kind gentleman named Henry, who was very helpful. He told me about all of the amenities that were available. Common areas were beautiful and clean. Our room was clean and odor free as well. We were so happy to have found a clean, safe, reasonable place to stay for the night on such short notice.

Once I got settled in, my husband went back to East Lansing to let Super 8 know we would not be staying. I ventured down to the bar where I met Christy the bartender. She was incredibly kind and funny! Drinks were the best prices I've ever seen at a hotel of any kind. We spent most of the night there talking with her and other guests. It was a fun time!

Next time we visit Lansing, we will definitely be staying at Causeway Bay. For the price, cleanliness, and number of amenities, you can't beat it!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2017

This is a banquet hall so there are weddings go on, right outside your room. It's VERY loud. We asked to get moved and they couldn't do anything for us. Restaurant was closed because "the cook didn't show up" Very expensive.

Continental breakfast is donuts, cold cereal and muffins.

Room Tip: Away from the dance floor!!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family