“what a change” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Mecosta, Michigan
“what a change”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Best Western really stepped it up when they hired this owner , hotel was clean and rooms were very comforting ,I had a few drinks at the bar and Jenny was very nice and made me feel welcome ,the shuttle driver to the airport needs to shower and wash his jacket but other than that was a very good stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Eric W, Front Office Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on tripadvisor! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I made my reservation through the 1-800 line. When I arrived at the hotel 15 minutes later they had given my King bed with jacuzzi room away. I understand that can happen with using a national booking system. However, the only room they offered me upon arrival was a room with a pull out bed. As in sleeping on the couch. I didn't think I heard right so I asked for confirmation that this was a pull out couch. And it was. When I said no thank you they remembered they did have one other room. With a murphy bed. What hotel has rooms where the only bed is a pullout couch? What hotel has room with a murphy bed? When I again said no thank you I was not offered any kind of assistance finding another room in a nearby hotel. Instead I went out to my car and found the number for the Holiday Inn that I had passed on the way and booked a room there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Eric W, Front Office Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello Sir,

I apologize for the communication errors that you encountered during your stay.

We offer "parlor" rooms with just a pull out bed. While these rooms can be booked individually, they do connect another sleeping room to make a 'junior suite". However, due to our occupancy being so high we did not have the addition to offer you at that time.

I will work with our front desk staff closely to monitor this in the future and corrective action has been taken to assure that if something like this does occur again in the future our front desk staff will be prepared better in how to handle the situation and help with locating a room to a similar property in the area.

We appreciate your loyalty to the Best Western brand and hope you choose to give us another chance in the near future.

When booking your reservation please contact the hotel directly and ask to speak to myself. I will make sure things go smoothly as well as a great rate with a room upgrade.

Eric W.

Travelers are raving about these Lansing hotels

Lansing, Michigan, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel charged $20 more than I signed for without warning. I asked if there were any conventions the weekend I was making a reservation for and was told no, when there were actually 1700 teenagers staying that same night. The pool was out of towel on multiple occasions. Rooms are not soundproof at all, as my children could here a couple down the hall having sex.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Eric W, Front Office Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello,

I apologize for the unsatisfactory issues that happened during your stay.

It is standard practice in most limited service and full service hotels to authorize an amount higher than the room charge per day. This is for any incidental charges that you may have during your stay.

Anything over the amount of your room gets sent back to your financial institution upon check out. Then it is up to your lender to process the amount due back which is usually 3.5 business days. We do have a sign on the front desk stating this.

Depending on when you made your reservation the front desk may not have known we had a group in house. We just received the group information a few days prior to entering them in to our sytsem.

There is a phone in the pool area to connect you to our front desk, just a quick call to let us know we needed to replenish the towels and this would have been taken care of quickly. With our occupancy being high and the amount of guests who use the pool our housekeeping staff was consistenly checking this area.

For the noise complaint, a quick call down to the front desk and we could of handled this issue quickly.

We have a great front desk staff who would of been willing to assist you during your stay. If you choose to stay with us again, please utilize them, they are here for you.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel as a quick getaway after my father died. Booked the hotel through costco travel.com and trusted they would have reputable hotels under their travel section. This hotel looks awful from the outside but inside is very nice. I was pleasantly surprised. My mom and I were enjoying lansing and this hotel until during our last night I saw one bed bug walking across my white comforter and one dead bed big under the covers. We left immediately at 12:00 am during a snowstorm. Long story short, I had to fight with the Best Western (the actual hotel)for 2 1/2 months to even answer me. They did NOTHING. Didn't even want to refund our money. We had to throw away all suitcases,shoes,food and some clothing. We also had to purchase special spray so that we did not bring these bugs in our home. This placebos disgusting,unresponsive,rude and just don't care about their guests. Having to worry about bedbugs in my nightmare s on top of losing my father has not been a fun time. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Anita7740
Eric W, Front Office Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out comments regarding your stay at our property.

I apologize for any issues that came up regarding your stay at our property. After reviewing your concerns through our corporate system it appears you were working with Best Western corporate most of the time who then contacted our property.

There is a delay when issues are trying to be resolved when going this route as the information has to travel through many areas. In the future please contact the Front Office Manager during your stay or after to resolve any issues or concerns.

We had your room checked by professionals right away upon checkout and there was no sign of any type of bed bugs in your room nor any others. This is an issue that hotels take very seriously and take preventative measures as well as have an outside company inspect on a regular basis.

Rest assured we have gone under a full renovation that included all guest rooms.
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our AFC home was under construction and we (9 people + staffing) were to stay in the hotel for 4 days, which ended up being a 10 day stay. The hotel itself and the staffing were GREAT! I mean really great, they were helpful with all of our extra needs supplying us with extra items and cleaning when necessary. They were courteous, patient, and helpful around the clock I would recommend this hotel for people traveling or for long visits.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Good day,

We appreciate the positive review of our property, please keep us in mind the next time you need rooms in the Lansing area. It was our pleasure having your group stay with us at the Best Western Plus in Lansing, MI.

It is these little notes that mean the most to us. It shows that our staff are willing to put the guest first.

Thank you!

Yspilanti
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My buddy and I stayed the night after going to the Deer and Turkey Expo. We found this hotel online and got a great rate for a Saturday night. This place was huge, but very clean. The decor was updated and modern looking. Our room was big and very comfortable. The location was great and if I'm ever back in Lansing this is where I'll be staying!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your night in Lansing, MI.

We appreciate the positive review for others to see, we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.