“great place”

Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed January 8, 2013

i stayed at the best western plus in lansing and it was a great place... the staff is friendly building was clean and well decorated.pool and hot tub was very clean and the resturant was very good and well priced....loved it and i will stay here again whenever im in lansing!!!

Room Tip: any room was a good room!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had 2 issues with our stay. The first was with the complimentary continental breakfast. We had (and paid for) 3 people in our room but were told you needed vouchers for the breakfast and the policy was you could only have 2 vouchers per room?? We have stayed at many Best Westerns and all have had complimentary continental breakfast and none have had that policy. They did give us 3 vouchers but made it clear that that was not their "policy".
Also, on our first day our room was not serviced and we were told it was because we had put out the "do not disturb" sign during the night. We took it off when we left for the day at 10:00 am but apparently housekeeping walks through the halls in the early morning and if they see a "do not disturb" sign, they skip that room. We always put out the "do not disturb" sign at night and remove it when we leave in the morning and have never had our room skipped before. It seems the housekeeping staff needs a different method for knowing what rooms need to be cleaned. In addition, we had family members staying further down the hall and they put put their "do not disturb" sign and their room DID get cleaned.
The hotel itself was very nice, clean rooms and a good location. The breakfast was billed as a "deluxe" continental breakfast and was fine but nothing special. Cold cereal (but no kid friendly cereals), sweet rolls, bagels, english muffins and bread for toast, juice, coffee, potatoes and eggs made to order (maybe thats why they considered it to be "deluxe"??). Restaurant staff was very friendly and helpful.
The front desk staff was fair. They never mentioned the breakfast, we had to ask and that is usually part of the check in information at other hotels. They also didn't tell us where our room was, or the parking or the elevators - we had to ask.
Our room was quiet but we had family members who were above the club (on the 4th floor but directly above the club) and they were kept awake by loud music until 2:00 AM so we will request rooms away from the club next time.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the club.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I wanted to comment on this hotel. I checked in the front desk staff was wonderful answered all my questions. After long day of traveling I was ready to get to my room. I was so happy to have spotless room beds were wonderful. I have been to this hotel before for meetings. The banquet staff and rooms were perfect. Looking forward to my next stay. Thanks

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed in your Hotel recently. I received great customer service via Lisa and Karen at front desk. The room was clean and comfortable. Im in love with your beds and front desk staff. However, the restaurant food and service was TERRIBLE!!!! I have stayed on several occasions this summer and the food and service was great, I dont know if they have new cooks or management, but even though I love your hotel, you may most certainly keep your Complimentary Breakfast and serve it to the dogs on the street as they may eat anything. What ever mgmnt, cooks, and servers you changed to fire them and get the old back, the cook who came out, and my server think her name was Chris, both smelled terrible of cigarette smoke, big huge turn off.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The desk chair was broken and, therefore, was very uncomfortable and the breakfast in the restaurant was slow in coming and below average in quality. Else everything was fine and the price was right. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and the other amenities.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed November 13, 2012

After a very long and eventful drive, I was expecting to encounter a massively complicated check-in procedure due to a long story involving a lost credit card and all the complications that come with that when you're 400 miles from home. Michaela at the front desk was a breath of fresh air. I was so tired and had been having a terrible day, and she made checking in not only painless, but actually pleasant. Kudos to Michaela!

The hotel itself was nicer than I expected, everything was clean and accessible. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed on this previous Wednesday, cant say enough about the hotel or the staff! Absolutely beautiful hotel, awesome beds!, very comfy! I checked in and dilan hope i got the name right was great. Very customer service oriented, welcomed me and thanked me for choosing the best western plus. I dont know about you but its nice to hear a thank you upon check in. as consumers we have so many choices we should be thanked! I went up to my room, and although there were all the neccessary items in the room, i asked for an extra blanket so i could curl up on top of the nicely made super comfy beds. I expected a housekeeper or maybe a porter to bring me the blanket, certainly not a manager! I had a very nice young man who i believe was the housekeeping manager come to my room. His first comment was to apologize it took so long to get their with the blanket. And by the way it took less than 5 minutes! He was very well dressed and smelled really good also! we talked for a moment and when he left i really felt special, what a nice customer service step to send a manager up! I really enjoyed the night i spent and will be back my next time im down to see my grandchildren, thanks again to the best western plus!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Comfort Inn
Quality Suites Hotel
#4 of 26 in Lansing
Red Roof Inn Lansing West
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U

Been to Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel? Share your experiences!