$89
Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU(Lansing)(Great Value!)
$57
CrownePlaza.com
$147
$122
  • Pool
All reviewsholiday innpublic areascomfortable bedsaverage hotelstaff was friendlyeast lansingcoffee makervalenciaconferencecourtyardmsu
Reviewed August 23, 2012

New Owner and Wow - RECENTLY RENOVATED and boy does it show with all updated decor, furniture and great colours. Hotel is very welcoming and front desk staff (Karen) is very friendly and personable. Our group did receive four free continental breakfast from her which was not part of our reservation - so that was a bonus to us.
Hotel room is updated (we had a king suite), nice decor, great bed, the shower was heavenly, has a new AC/Heat register (no mold smell). The room also has a fridge and microwave for those who need it.
The hotel/conference centre is a very large property so keep an eye out for directions which are easy to find.
Pool area is great with a large hot tub with the temperature was just right, sauna was nice and relaxing.
The Hummingbirds restaurant is a very clean, nicely derotated with a nice atmosphere for early morning. Our waitress was great and our Continental breakfast consisted of scambled eggs, toast, fresh fruit, coffee, juice and the food was hot.
Oh yeah, don't forget to pop in at the Valencia Club and see Michelle - great bartendar/waitress with a lot of energy.
Thanks Best Western for a great night and the fantastic hospitality

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Monique C, Front Office Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

The Best Western Plus Lansing Staff would like to thank you for your review.

We work as a team dedicated to giving our Guest the best Hotel experience possible.

We strive daily to anticipate the expectations of our Guests, and prepare to meet their needs
as individuals.
The Best Western Lansing Team is interested in more than "accommodations,"we're also interested in your experience.
Thank you for choosing Best Western Plus Lansing, and we look forward to your next visit!
M. Cooper, Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Needed to stay in the area for a wedding and this hotel was recommended it doesn't look like much from the outside but the inside is quite nice and modern. It is clearly geared for conferences but was good for our family of five as well. My only complaints were on the second floor the sound of laundry machines was quite audible I would ask for a higher floor next time. Additionally there was a number of loud guests in the halls late at night also coming back from a wedding but the hotel can't be faulted for that.

• Stayed: July 2012
Monique C, Front Office Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

The Best Western Staff would like to thank you for your feedback!

Our facility is a Conference Center, but we cater to every kind of Traveler.
Our Summer Season is our Family Season! We have many amenities on our property to keep our Families happy.
Best Western's Summer 2012 promotion, "Shake Up Your Summer," is partnered with Disney. This promotion is available from June 17th thru August 19, 2012. This promotion will allow our Guests to take advantage of some great offers, and a chance to win a Trip! You can find out more on Best Western.com.
To add, join our Best Western Rewards Membership! Stay 3 separate times, and earn a Free Stay!

We apologize for the disturbance from our Laundry facility. Unfortunately, if not loaded correctly, the washing machine can be "thrown off balance." This can cause the washing machine to become noisy during the spin cycle.
Because we value your business, we would like to improve your Best Western experience. On your next visit, we will reserve a room for you at least 300 feet away from our Laundry facility, and our General Manager will be happy to greet you upon arrival!
Thank you for choosing Best Western Plus Lansing, where we cater to the needs of our Guests.

Monique Cooper, AFOM

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Booked a three night stay directly through Best Western. When I inquired about a continental breakfast, they told me I booked the lowest rate and didn't qualify for a breakfast. The customer friendly thing to do would've been to offer me the vouchers, but they weren't about to. Wish I knew before hand and I would have just booked a $50 night hotel that had breakfast!
Room was clean and beds comfortable. The toilet had a black ring of film as if it hadn't been scrubbed in weeks. The TV remote did not work properly so I had to adjust the TV manually. Ran out of toilet paper the last day because housekeeping apparently can't tell when both rolls are nearly empty that you should leave a replacement roll - just common sense, one would think! Was hoping for a better experience, but will know for next time.

Room Tip: Double check your reservations to see what is included and what is not included. For $25 more a night I could have had breakfast, but is it really worth the extra $25 bucks?
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Chrissy P
Monique C, Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the issues you with your room.
We would have liked to have had the opportunity to address them.
Our Complimentary Breakfast is available for those who qualify, however, we value your
patronage more!

Our Hotel has more than Continental Breakfast to offer our Guests.
Feel free to sign up for our Best Western Rewards Membership, and earn free stays!

We value your feedback, and we value your business.
We plan to greet your next visit with Guest Service Excellence!

Monique Cooper, AFOM

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Rooms were nice, clean. Staff friendly. Was there on a weekend when they had a large party in one of the conference rooms. Crowd was loud in lot and they sent three lansing pd cars to dispurse them. Not a huge issue for me just keep in mind they will have partys there so expect some noise.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank flatfoot1067
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had a special event scheduled 6/30/12. I had family coming in from out of town. I went into the hotel back in May and paid for 2 rms. cash and blocked some rooms for out of town guest. I was told I needed to provided my credit card number in order to block a group of rooms (5 rms). I specifically told the staff at the front desk not to charge my credit card as a form of payment for anyone staying at Best Western Plus in Lansing. Well, to my surprise on 7/3/12 my credit card was charge 3 different times for rooms. I again had given no authorization for the hotel to charge my credit card. I have placed many calls to managers and as of yet I am still waiting for a call back. I will never use or refer anyone to this hotel. My experience so far as has been very, very bad.

I have the receipts of the two rooms I had paid in cash. There is an area noted to "not use my credit card for a form of payment". Apparently, the staff ignored the note and did not do their job as per instructions.

Please do not use this hotel - you never know - you too may have your credit card charged.......and good luck trying to get someone to return your phone calls. I guess my next step is to speak to Visa and my attorney!

Still awaiting a phone call.

Room Tip: Do not use Best Western Plus hotel in Lansing, Michigan
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank SilMaysonet01
Monique C, Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
We sincerely apologize for the breakdown in communication with our Staff.
It is understandable that you experience was frustrating.
Our Staff had received more than one set of instructions from you, in regards to your families check in. We did our best to accommodate your requests.
Our Staff did attempt to verify you instructions at Check In, and were told to accommodate the needs of your family.
You instructed our Staff to refer to your family member to whom you delegated your authority in this matter. You also told us not to contact you again. Our attempt to contact you was to prevent confusion, and honor your final request.
Our Hotel Managers spoke with you three times. Two of our Managers had a phone conference with you just recently in an attempt to resolve this matter. Our Managers introduced several options to resolve this issue. We are more than willing , and waiting to work with you.
Our Staff is always willing to accommodate the needs of our Guests with Management Support.
We value your business, and are willing to further assist you in this matter.
M.Wyatt, FOM