“Good stay”

Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Allen Park, Michigan
“Good stay”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Rooms were nice, clean. Staff friendly. Was there on a weekend when they had a large party in one of the conference rooms. Crowd was loud in lot and they sent three lansing pd cars to dispurse them. Not a huge issue for me just keep in mind they will have partys there so expect some noise.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank flatfoot1067

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had a special event scheduled 6/30/12. I had family coming in from out of town. I went into the hotel back in May and paid for 2 rms. cash and blocked some rooms for out of town guest. I was told I needed to provided my credit card number in order to block a group of rooms (5 rms). I specifically told the staff at the front desk not to charge my credit card as a form of payment for anyone staying at Best Western Plus in Lansing. Well, to my surprise on 7/3/12 my credit card was charge 3 different times for rooms. I again had given no authorization for the hotel to charge my credit card. I have placed many calls to managers and as of yet I am still waiting for a call back. I will never use or refer anyone to this hotel. My experience so far as has been very, very bad.

I have the receipts of the two rooms I had paid in cash. There is an area noted to "not use my credit card for a form of payment". Apparently, the staff ignored the note and did not do their job as per instructions.

Please do not use this hotel - you never know - you too may have your credit card charged.......and good luck trying to get someone to return your phone calls. I guess my next step is to speak to Visa and my attorney!

Still awaiting a phone call.

Room Tip: Do not use Best Western Plus hotel in Lansing, Michigan
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank SilMaysonet01
Monique C, Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We sincerely apologize for the breakdown in communication with our Staff.
It is understandable that you experience was frustrating.
Our Staff had received more than one set of instructions from you, in regards to your families check in. We did our best to accommodate your requests.
Our Staff did attempt to verify you instructions at Check In, and were told to accommodate the needs of your family.
You instructed our Staff to refer to your family member to whom you delegated your authority in this matter. You also told us not to contact you again. Our attempt to contact you was to prevent confusion, and honor your final request.
Our Hotel Managers spoke with you three times. Two of our Managers had a phone conference with you just recently in an attempt to resolve this matter. Our Managers introduced several options to resolve this issue. We are more than willing , and waiting to work with you.
Our Staff is always willing to accommodate the needs of our Guests with Management Support.
We value your business, and are willing to further assist you in this matter.
M.Wyatt, FOM
M.Cooper AFOM

Travelers are raving about these Lansing hotels

Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have stayed here for years with the same event. This year we needed housekeeping and maintenance staff who couldn't have been more prompt or helpful. The desk staff was friendly and handled an odd booking well; no one could have done better. Inhcidentally, the beds are the stuff of legend -- just incredible. Unfortunately the restaurant staff could not live up to that. Our party of four was mis-served, served cold food, not told that food was unavailable until well after ordered, and second staff had to be asked to bring basics like cream cheese and cream for coffee. The hotel is comfortable and the staff is committed to that comfort -- the restaurant is not. (And we did tell the manager -- but we still had to pay for a horrible, horrible meal -- but we couldn't tip.) Fortunately there is decent food within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank mjr91
Monique C, Front Office Manager at Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

The Best Western Staff would like to tell you how much we appreciate your business!

We appreciate the way you complimented our rooms. Our Property has invested in a wonderful sleep system to ensure our Guests get a good nights rest.

We apologize for the issues you had in our Restaurant. We value your feedback, and would like to ensure you that we strive to provide good Customer Service in every department of our Hotel.
Whether good or bad, every comment helps us to improve our service, and our Guests experience.

Thank you for choosing Best Western Plus Lansing. We look forward to your next visit!

Respectfully,

Monique Cooper, AFOM
House Springs, Missouri, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The staff was courteous and helpful. The facility was immaculate. The room was the nicest I have stayed in. Richly appointed and the bed is best described as crawling into a cloud. I would highly recommend. I will never stay anywhere else when in the Lansing Mi area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill O
Springboro, Ohio
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I was there for a terrible family tradgedy. My room had no hot water, told front desk that evening when I got in and attempted to take a shower, told them again in the morning and told them I would meet my family for breakfast and come back so I could have a shower after they had a repair man look at it. Still no hot water. Had one of their maids check it out, and she couldn't get any hot water out of the spigot either, so it wasn't some crazy woman who didn't know how to use their plumbing... which is how they treated me. I couldn't get anyone to fix it, I couldn't get anyone to reimburse me and I now have a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. If there's another place in town - go there.

Room Tip: Maybe verify you have hot water before you unpack?
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Terri D
Naples, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My son had a hockey tournament in Lansing and his team was assigned to this hotel. Our stay was for 6 nights. I experienced both good and bad things at this hotel. The good: The Lobby was nice and large with plenty of seating. Our room (2 queens) was clean, comfortable and had plenty of room to spread out hockey equipment. The front staff and housekeeping were excellent.

The Bad: The Wi-Fi connection was horrible. 2 bars and unable to connect using my phone, ipad or laptop from our room. I could get a connection if I walked about 100 feet down the hall. I used the laundry facilities on our floor and the washing machine broke. I called the front desk and maintenance arrived 1 hour and 15 minutes later to fix the machine.

Our room rate included a breakfast buffet. The buffet food was not good. Most of our team skipped this meal and went out to eat instead. There is a night club (strip club?) attached to the hotel. Friday and Saturday nights were party nights that went on late into the morning. It made it difficult to get a good night sleep.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank coyotesfft
Dearborn, MI
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I attended a comference held at this hotel so was a "captive audience". The lunch included with the conference was very, very good. One day was a beef selection and second day was a chicken selection. I would say above average for such events. I have had less tasty food at more expensive hotels. The room was really nice, bathroom big, refrigerator included but coffee maker needed attention. I always check before I use and this one was not clean inside.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business