“Amazing Improvements!”

Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed May 29, 2011

While attending the annual 'Media West' convention I'm so very pleased to report that the 'Causeway Bay Hotel (fomerly the Holiday Inn South, so to be the Best Western Plus) has improved wonderfully.

Fresh carpeting, fresh paint, fresh look all around.

This property for years has been in dire need of renovation.
The carpeting was rife with stains and ruts. I cannot count how many times I witnessed people stumbling.

The staff has always been fantastic. Since this has become a 'Causeway Bay' property, many of the 'Holiday Inn' staff are gone. Nevertheless, the 'Causeway Bay' staff have a wonderful sense of humor and provide quality customer service.

An added treat..the have an in-house Massage Service. The Therapist is named 'Joy'. She's a real people person, and quite skilled in a variety of massages.

The Atrium, which is a marvelous meet/greet area of the hotel. Is sparkling. Not as cozy as it once was, but charming all the same.

The parking lot is still covered with pot-holes (moon craters). However this will be worked on very soon. The interior of the hotel was given first priority for renovation.

The in-house restaurant 'Hummingbird's' has been redone as well. A crisp clean bright place for your meals, Sunday breakfast, or anytime. The staff in 'Hummingbird's' are super.

The only reason I didn't give 5 points for the 'Value' section is that since renovation is on-going during this convention, the room rates should have been lower. Also, the new servce of in-house massage should have had a 'special' intro price, since it is brand new. My opinion.

A very enjoyable venue.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel

Reviewed January 30, 2011

We stayed for the weekend and was impressed upon entering the lobby, everything newly renovated. The young man at the front desk was wonderfully pleasant and knowledgeable! We had an all day meeting, and the conference center is beautiful, the meals provided by the banquet staff were great and the banquet managers and staff were exceptional! Our room was perfect, and I am inquiring about the mattress as it was the most comfortable my back has been in awhile. We had a drink in the bar, the bartender was quite perky and a real breath of fresh air at the end of the day, the food there was also good. Restaurant was closed for renovation. That seemed to be the only public space still under renovation, besides some minor touches. I am thoroughly impressed with this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank bverstringhe
Reviewed January 12, 2011

I have been staying at the Lansing Michigan Causeway Bay Hotel 3-4 days a week for the past 6 months. I have been pleasantly surprised by the modern renovations that have been taking place over the past several months. It is becoming a beautiful hotel with very comfortable rooms. The room decor is lovely. The bed is quite comfortable and I enjoy the down comforters and the many pillows. I am a business woman and safety is important to me. The hotel has done a good job placing cameras in many areas inside and outside the hotel. That does create a level and feeling of security. The staff have always been polite, knowledgable, and professional.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank attmassey
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Our group has booked our conference with this hotel several times over the years and we continue to return. They have been in the process of a major re-do and by the looks of things, it's going to be gorgeous when completed at the end of this year. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are excellent; clean and very comfortable and the beds are some of the best I've slept in.

I, as well as another in our group, had special requests and they were met without any problems. The restaurant is lovely and there is also a separate bar with music. The landscaping is gorgeous; flowing streams with colorful Koi, outdoor patios to smoke or just sit and enjoy the weather. Shopping and restaurants are up and down Cedar street for easy access.

This hotel offers audio/visual equipment and also has a 'techy' available for help in use. The conference rooms are great and very pretty, they can accommodate large to small groups very comfortably. I recommend this hotel for overnight as well as group stays.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2010

First, I tried to register for a room on causeway bay hotel's web site. it did not work.
I called the number listed on their web site. It did not work.
I called the 877 number, It worked.

Expidia's lowest price was $107.00 when I called Casuseway Bay I got the same room for $65 a night.
I have yet to enter the Hotel's property.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank chuckbratton
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Management assured both the event planner and myself personally that all problems mentioned by previous Trip Advisors would be taken care of. They were NOT. The place is a dump held together by duct tape. It smells bad and the air temperature approaches summer heat in some of the spaces, including a seminar room where I was assigned to present. Do not believe them if they tell you renovations are complete or will be complete in your areas. They will NOT.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank SnailTrail
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I was in Lansing just for an overnight visit and my friend recommended Causeway Bay. I was very pleased with my stay. There is renovations going on but they try and make sure it's not to much of inconvience to their guests. My room was very clean and I loved the TV. I did not have batteries in my remote and I called the front desk and they sent batteries up that minute. I was quit impressed with their excellent customer service. I know once the remodeling is completed, the Causeway Bay will be the hotel to stay at in Lansing!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo