All reviews lansing west front desk burger king superior king room was clean place to sleep staff was very friendly flat screen microwave and fridge enjoyed my stay one night stay nice stay a great place to stay convenient location cookies motel nikki
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

The hotel did not look like the pictures on the internet. The hotel is much more worn down than I expected. The rooms appeared to be clean. However, the outside of the hotel is rough. Not only is the outside rough, but the happenings outside were very sketchy. There were many questionable people coming and going in the parking lot, as well as checking into the hotel later into the night. It was not at the point of feeling unsafe being outside there at night, but it was close.
My parents had stayed here around ten years ago and my father could not believe how downhill the hotel went.
My recommendation would be to drive by this place.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Scott V
Steven K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us and giving honest feedback. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you had with your stay. I will be sharing your comments with my staff to see what we can do to make sure none of our future guests have these problems while staying here. Again thank you for your feedback its very appreciated.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn for three nights. All in all it's a nice place. The outside is a bit weathered but my room was very clean and comfortable. The shower was hot and had good water pressure. I gave it four stars because for a cheap motel it exceeded my expectations.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Steven K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am happy you found our room comfortable and clean to you. I also would like to apologize for the outside appearing to be weathered. I will be sharing this with my other employees to see what we can do about it. Thank you for staying with us while you visited Lansing, MI. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

It’s not a bad hotel. For the most part it was clean and it was fine because we were only staying for one night. Here are the problems I had with the hotel. Our room, which was supposed to be smoke free, smelled like smoke. We were on the second and there was someone smoking up there which wasn’t very nice. The other minor problem I had was that it wasn’t very easy to get up to our room. That was just because we were on the top floor on the side opposite the lobby. Overall it was fine for a one night stay.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Steven K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us and giving honest feedback. I want to apologize for the inconvenience of the smoke smell in your room as well as the room not being easy to get to. I will be sharing your comments with my staff to see what we can do to make sure none of our future guests feel have these problems while staying here. Again thank you for your feedback its very appreciated.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

I really can't say enough good things about the staff. I'd made a reservation through a third-party site and I accidentally caught the wrong dates. The Red Roof staff were just amazing in helping me sort everything out. The stay itself was great, the room was very nice, housekeeping was fantastic. After checking out I'd realized I'd lost a personal item, the staff had found it but couldn't identify which room it had come from, but they kept it safe for me and were great about seeing it returned. Start to finish they were unbelievably helpful, it was one of those rare really really great customer service experiences.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steven K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. I also would like to thank you for all the kind words you said about our staff. I will be sure to share this review with them. They will appreciate it very much knowing there hard work is not going unnoticed. We appreciate you staying with us while visited Lansing, MI. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2018

We always stay at this Red Roof because the rooms are always clean and the location is central to all the activities we need to do.This location is close to the 96 freeway, restaurants and gas stations.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steven K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us on here. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms to be clean too. we appreciate you staying with us. Hope to see you again soon!!