“Great Stay during Ice Storm”

Red Roof Inn Lansing West
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Michigan
“Great Stay during Ice Storm”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

On December 22 the area was hit by a big storm that knocked out power to most of the area including us. We struggled for a few days at home and decided to find a hotel. Red Roof was one of the only ones with power and the front desk was able to squeeze us in. They staff was very accommodating, despite all the issues they were dealing with. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West location. I'm very happy to hear you had a good stay during our unfortunate weather and all the issues it entailed! I'll be sure to share your review with the rest of my team. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed at this Red Roof Inn for two weeks while visiting family. The check inn process was very quick and easy. The room was very, very clean. I was very pleased with the room. I called ahead and asked if they had any weekly rates due to the length of time I would be staying, and they said they offer those sometimes during the year and I was able to secure one. My room was cleaned every day with the beds made and fresh towels. Very happy with the staff and feel that for the price, it is a deal. I only have two complaints. One, would be that the parking was pretty limited as they constantly had semi trucks parked right infront of the rooms. But, for the room I had, I could deal with that. Also, I saw someone smoking a joint outside one of the rooms. However, I wouldn't necessarily say that was the hotels fault, so I'm not marking them down for that. Overall, I was very pleased and plan to stay again!

Room Tip: I choose the first floor, and while I did hear some noise upstairs a couple times, it was surprising...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West property. I'm very glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to your next stay!
Michigan
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Easy check-in and -out, with friendly people at the desk both times. Everything worked and was clean, although basic. Doors open right into parking area/balcony. Lots of working people staying there, so the lot was full of trucks and big rigs. Will stay there again on my next trip to Lansing.

Room Tip: The second floor is a little quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West location. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I will be happy to share your review with the rest of the team. We look forward to your next visit.
Cheboygan, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was my first experience staying at a Red Roof Inn, and I was pleased. It is conveniently located off the interstate, the room was comfortable and clean, and the staff was friendly. The only drawback was the noise at night, as the rooms open out into the parking lot. Between room noise wasn't noticeable. I would stay at this motel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West location. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your next visit.
Bolton
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Not a bad place for just a good night's sleep. Not many frills, but clean and OK. Small bathroom. Nice King bed. Only negative was that I could not connect to the WiFi. Otherwise OK, friendly staff in both morning & evening.

Room Tip: At least a dozen hotels in this West Lansing area.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Lansing West location. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I also wanted to let you know that we are currently installing new internet service at the property! Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay.
Detriot
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I've been staying at this location regularly for years, they've gone through many renovations over the years to keep the rooms looking nice. But the main reason I continue to stay is the staff, they are all great people who are always willing to help!

Room Tip: Always pick upstairs if you can, they don't get used as much
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review for the Lansing West location! I'm very pleased to hear about your stay and glad you enjoy your time with us. We look forward to your next visit!
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This Red Roof is an older style motel with doors opening to the parking lot. This type of setup is inherently noisier than indoor rooms. The rooms are newly redone and quite nice. The beds are comfortable and the mini-fridge and microwave are nice. The wi-fi worked well. The bathroom had a musty smell, however. This is a non-smoking property, but my neighbors smoked right outside the door and the smoke was sucked into my room by the heater/AC. The temperature adjustment on the heater did not have an effect on the temperature of the air emitted. Outside noise was bothersome as some folks found the need to shout obscenities far into the night. They may as well have been in the room for what little sound damping the outside walls had. Room to room noise was not much of a problem. No breakfast is served, but Denny's and Bob Evans are close by. By the time you add the cost of the breakfast to your night's charges, you may as well stay at a better quality establishment that serves breakfast. I won't be back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West location. I'm glad you enjoyed our renovations including our new beds and flat screen TV's. I'm very sorry some of our guests made your stay less enjoyable. Thank you again for your time, and business.