All reviews room was clean king bed lansing area msu state
Reviewed August 17, 2018

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff went above and beyond and were very courteous. The bed was comfortable and the rooms were clean. The manager was on top of her game and I will certainly say here again.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Emehay17
redroof029, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East - Michigan State University, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you valued guest for taking the time and effort to leave our Inn a review and rating. It's greatly appreciated, we strive to provide all of our guest with the most. We are currently as well renovating to give a big WOW to our guest. Hope to have you as our guest once again.

Reviewed July 4, 2018

The staff is very accomodating. Unfortunately, other guessts were very loud and it was difficult to sleep through the noise. The room is basic and comfortable. Housekeeping could improve. The worst was the overwhelming smell of smoke as soon as we entered the room. It is supposed to be a smoke-free room. There is no ventilation. Breakfast is offered free of charge but don't expect anything remarkable. Small bagles and coffee. The low cost actually makes up for the shortcomings.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
redroof029, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East - Michigan State University, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave our Inn a review we appreciate all of our guest comments.I would like to start off with an apology about the noise and smell of the room.We are renovating our Inn as we speak and we are handling the smoking issue as well it in a work in progress and will have our Inn fully renovated and we have also installed designated smoking areas as well. Hope to see you in your next travels and after our renovation.

Thanks,

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

I needed to take a State Licensing exam early Saturday morning. I booked this about 2 weeks before with not a lot of options in the Lansing area as they had many activities going on. We stayed a total of 15 hours - long enough to sleep, get up and go.
Not a 5 Star and I booked it knowing so. I tend to reduce expectations for these types of hotels. Room was clean, sheets were clean, bathroom was clean. Small. My husband and son ended up coming with me. We had a king bed so all 3 of us fit in the bed fine, but not much space to move about the room. Not very comfy pillows (usually bring my own & forgot this time).
The carpet could stand to be replaced, didn’t walk around without socks & shoes on.
Okay for a quick stay. $85 (before taxes/fees) government rate - probably more than I expect to pay for this type of place, may $70/night would be appropriate.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank Alecia S
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

The general manager is great and she made check-in pretty easy. The computer was giving her headaches but she eventually got me checked in.

After that it’s all downhill. The rooms are old and pretty spartan. No pun intended. I know we are right next to Michigan State University. The parking lot is littered with storage trailers. Not sure why but there are six,seven or eight of them and they are taking a parking lot spaces.

This red roof has seen it’s better days. Frankly I would never stay here again. How it got it’s 3 1/2 star rating on trip advisor surprises me.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
redroof029, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East - Michigan State University, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave our Inn a review. Our Inn is in need for a renovation which will be happening very soon that is the reason for so many containers. Our apologies for any and all inconvenience we strive to provide the best for all our guest.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

I've stayed at this property several times, and have been very happy with it, especially since the rooms were redone a year or two ago. This wasn't such a good stay. There was a work crew taking up several rooms near mine, and while they weren't extremely loud, they were on the balcony late into the night, smoking and chatting. It wasn't enough to call the desk -- I would just rouse awake, smell the smoke and hear the conversation, then drift back off. In the morning my room smelled like I'd smoked in it.

Room Tip: It sounds backward, but ground-floor rooms tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East - Michigan State University, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review I would like to start off with an apology for the noise and smell of smoke our Inn is a smoke free Inn and are suppose to smoke outside and away from the building. I hope to have you as our guest in the future our Inn will be under going a renovation very soon its not an excuse but we can put stop to this kind of situations in the future I will be discussing with my regional managers about a quite time for our Inn.

Angela P