“Great place to stay very friendly staff”

Red Roof Inn Lansing East
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very nice rooms with flat screen tv everyone from desk clerk to maids and Dave the manager went out of their way to make sure my stay was great, great location near the highway with quiet rooms. Would definetly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thanks for the kind words I will share them with staff abd we hope you we will see you again in the future, our goal is to please all our guest and an affordable price in a clean room. Again, thanks for your kind words and for staying at Lansing East.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Lansing East

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Disgusting dirty bathroom. Clearly this room was just spot vacuumed. The toilet never saw a brush before I stayed here tonight. I had to use a handful of toilet paper to wipe out the toilet scum. The so - called "non smoking " policy is a joke. patrons are standing on the outside if their rooms with the doors open smoking away. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

I apologize that you did not have a great stay,and some items were missed in your room. We try very hard to provide a clean comfortasble room for all our guest and again I apologize for not meeting your needs. I hope you will give us another try and rthank you for staying at Lansing East.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

From no clerk being at the front desk when I arrived to check in and the door being locked, seeing the clerk come back with towels in tow smoking a cigarette. Room was OBVIUOUSLY a smoking room at one point and smoke smell was terrible! Burn marks by the sink, this smell was not from a guest smoking in the room this was from it being a smoking room at one point. There is NO pool or pool side bar at this hotel. The clerk was complaining about her feet hurting while checking me in. Carpet in the room was dirty could feel the dirt under my feet. Ice machine was totally empty, no coffee maker, fridge or microwave as shown in the photo depicting the rooms here. The best part of this hotel was leaving. Would NOT recommend!!!!!

Room Tip: there is no good room at this Inn
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

I am sorry you did not have a great stay, our goal is to satisfy all our customer and provide them with a clean comfortasble room. I hope you will forgive us for not meeting your expectations and will give us another oppurtunity to do so. The pitcure on the web site is of a superior king room and the room you booked was a 2 double bed so they would look different. Thanks again, for you review and thanks for staying at Lasnsing East.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Staff was amazing - everyone I met was friendly and helpful. Bedding was clean and comfortable. Room had a bit of a musty smell, which lessened a bit after air conditioning but was still there. They have some newer rooms, but I had a dog so I assume we probably use the older ones.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

I am so glad that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly, I will share your comments with them and hope we will see you in the near future. We really appreciate your kind words and thank you for staying at Lansing East.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I checked in and we were in a desperate way. The front desk woman was compassionate and very accommodating yet proffesional. The rooms were very clean and my son is allergic to cigarette smoke, there was no trace of the scent. Housekeeping was available and friendly. The Manager Dave was ever present for whatever problems that came up and also a good man holding high standards for his employees and the property. There were a lot of renovations going on at the time, so I am sure u will not be disappointed in your stay here, whether it be a return visit or first time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

We thank you for responding on tripadvisor and your kind words,and I will share your thoughts with staff and hope you will stay with us again in the future. We thank you for staying at Lansing East and hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I travel for work and my company uses red roofs when avalible!! This one other than being in a corn field it is nice!!! Front desk was helpful and the cleaning staff (joe) was great!!! Over all a great stay and I recommend it to anyone!!! Less the cornfield!!! Lol!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for responding on tripadvisor and I am glad we were able to meet your lodging needs and will share your kind words with the staff. We try very hard to provide a clean comfortable room at a reasonable price for all our guest and look forward to the next time you or a member of your company stays at Lansing East.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Hello,

I ended up with a severe UTI infection and my doctors believe it’s probably from the filth of that room… I was being cautious and washed my hands often too. I may even have to go through IV therapy for a 6 week period. I’ll know more on the weekend or on Monday.

I stayed there about 5 years ago once and told myself I would never go back… but I gave you a second chance after seeing on-line that it had been remodeled. I even asked about the remodel when I called the location direct to see if you had a room.

You might remember, I damaged my old van on one of the huge holes in your parking lot back then. You said 5 years ago it was going to be a priority to get it fixed back then. Everyone I spoke with at your facility said they couldn’t believe the condition of that lot. How you even have a business operating license as a hotel is a wonder to me.

What a shameful dump you are operating. You should go to the room I was in and look at the chairs in the light. Then turn on the heating unit… which cannot be temperature controlled… and take a good whiff of that. It was absolutely filthy.

The only remodeling I saw was a new bed which is too high off the ground for wheelchair users, (good thing I am really strong and was able to transfer uphill about 6”). By the way, average wheelchair seating height for adults is 19 ½”… that bed probably sits at 26 or so.

The room had a newer TV with a dirty screen, (I had to clean it before I turned it on… it was that bad), but it had a hokey very limited choice of stations and not exactly what I would call quality reception either. The room seemed to have semi-new carpeting but there were fleas on it and I killed several of them while eating dinner… as some of them hopped, flew or crawled up on the counter that the TV sits on.

Some lady offered to move me next door when she came to replace a light bulb that had been dead for a while I’m sure, however the damage had already been done and I didn’t want to go through the hassle of moving my things knowing that the room next door was probably the same or even worse.

You people should really be ashamed of that place… in fact my doctor had an assistant with her today when I saw her. The gal is an MSU intern and we got to talking about my infection. She used to live near your location and used to drive by it every day on her way to classes. Her exact words were, “you didn’t stay at that dump did you?”

Anyway, what a mistake that visit was, this whole thing may end up costing me thousands of dollars as I most likely picked up the infection in that room. All three of the doctors I have seen since Friday evening all concur I most likely picked the infection up in the unsanitary conditions of your establishment.

I have been staying at RR’s since their inception and this one is probably the worst of them all… although I will admit… I have stayed in a couple that would give yours a good run for the money regarding which is worst. Anyway, they have always prided themselves by advertising clean, comfortable rooms at a good price. In my opinion, for your RR to carry that flag would be false advertising as far as I am concerned.

Tom

Room Tip: Don't stay here in my opinion... Red Roof was considerably better last time I stayed there.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for responding on tripadvisor and I apologize that you did not have a great stay. Repairs on the parking lot will start on July 29th and we will continue to update rooms as new products arrive.I hope you will stay with us again and thanks for staying at Red Roof Inn.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Red Roof Inn Lansing West
#3 of 26 in Lansing
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lansing
Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel

Been to Red Roof Inn Lansing East? Share your experiences!