“East Lansing one night”

Red Roof Inn Lansing East
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Overall the room was clean, noise transfer not a problem. Rooms had just been updated and looked great. Staff friendly, the only thing was one breakfast was given instead of two.
Location a little off Hwy 96 but not bad. The previous night we stayed in Ann Arbor and it was not as great as this one.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for your kind words about the property and the staff. In future stays if you need a 2nd breakfast just ask the front desk GSRs and they would be more than happy to provide you with another one. Thanks again for the review and please stay with us the next time you come to Lansing.

David Walsh General Manager
3615 Dunckel road

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Lansing East

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here with my dog and the room was clean and everything was taken into consideration that I had my pet. I was given a room by the stairs so I could take him out easily. When I inquired about food, the desk clerk gave me a flyer about a pizza place that delivered hot fresh pizza in half an hour!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thanks for the kind words and hope you like the new rooms. I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Lansing and I will share your thoughts with the staff. Thanks again and I hope we will see you in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was alone in East Lansing, staying at the Red Roof Inn for several days while my poor old dog was undergoing treatment at MSU's Veterinary Hospital. During my stay I was sick with worry for my sweet dog. Then a nasty snow storm made it impossible for me to make it home on the scheduled day. Even though the RRI was fully booked for the additional night I needed to stay, Dave managed to find a room for me so that I didn't need to worry about driving in bad weather.
Each morning as I was getting coffee, Dave and Linda greeted me and chatted with me about my dog. Their kindness was so appreciated as I was feeling pretty anxious throughout my stay.
I highly recommend this hotel for it's cleanliness, location, and especially for the kindness of the staff!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MartyT49720
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and hope your 4 legged friend is doing well. I know my Dog Lucy lights up my life and means the world to my wife and I. Please stay with us the next time you visit Lansing and hope you found the new rooms comfortable. I will share your kind words with Linda and the rest of the staff, thanks again and hope to see you at Lansing East again real soon.

GM David Walsh
3615 Dunckel Road

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have periodically stayed at this Red Roof and have nothing but GREAT things to say about the staff and service they provide. I am a Redi Card holder and they never cease to amaze me at the detail and attention they provide me. It's easily the best value in town! I've gotten to know the staff and think they're awesome! Thanks Red Roof Dunckel for everything and future everythings!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

I will share your kind words with the staff and hope we will see you again in the near future. Our goal is to provide great service and a clean room for all, as well as a good price.We look forward to your next stay in our new renovated roopms..

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were heading into town for the Miranda Lambert/Dierks Bentley concert. We decided that same day to book a motel online. I decided on Red Roof Inn due to distance from the Breslin Center and the price. It was the 3rd least expensive including a 20% Expedia.com discount. I was happy with the confirmation email stating what EXACTLY was to be charged on our card..including tax and fees. Bottom line price. Check in was 1 pm and check out was 12 noon the next day. Easily do-able. We got there, the clerk was really nice. We had chosen the non-smoking Superior King room instead of 2 beds (same price). First of all, the room did NOT smell like stale mildewy smoke like most motel rooms. The bed was enormous and nicely made. The room was clean, carpet was clean, there were clean and nicely folded towels. The room was also stocked with a coffee maker,coffee, sugar,creamer, etc.. soaps, tissues, a hair dryer, Pantene, a fridge,microwave, flat screen tv, and plenty of lighting. We were there to sleep after the concert. All we needed was the bed. That bed was seriously so comfortable, we joked about skipping out on the concert just to sleep. WELL WORTH IT. Our stay was clean, the water had heat and pressure. The motel was booked full and was not noisy. The added bonus was that we got to look out at farm fields (we live in the city but are from the country). We decided that from now on we will try to stay at a Red Roof Inn. The quality we received for the price was right-on. The desk clerk stated that they recently remodeled.You can go knowing you will receive warmth,comfort and relaxation.

Room Tip: We chose the Superior King instead of two beds. We didn't even know the other person was in the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HollyMiller73
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

thank you for your kind words and we are so happy that you liked our rooms. I hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

David Walsh General Manager
3615 Dunckel Road

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I spend at least 2 days a week in town on business and exclusively choose this hotel. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable (looking at you there Mary and Liz), the rooms are the best you can get for the price hands down (flat screens and nice beds in all, mini-fridge and microwave in most). I also have no problem with noise on the days I get to sleep in. Don't forget that it is also dog friendly for those who like to travel with the pets.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for the kind comments, I Will share your thoughts with the staff and give recognize Liz, and Mary for performing outstanding customer service for our guest. I hope you like are new rooms ! and hope to see you again in the near future.

David S. Walsh General Manager
Red Roof Lansing East

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I'm mentioning Jenn in particular but everyone I interacted with was warm and friendly - the manager even gave me a ride to the university when the taxi company said it would take them 45 minutes to get there! The room wasn't the Ritz, but it was clean and came with a mini-fridge and microwave, which was a welcome surprise. The area was quiet and I had no problems sleeping in a little late to accommodate my schedule. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kat L
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

I wanted to thank you for your kind comments about my staff. I will share your thoughts with them as we strive to give you the best room and service possible for a great price. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town and wanted to share some great news with you. Lansing East is now under renovation and will soon have a great new look ! this is very exciting for us and we want to share the good news with all our loyal guest.

David S. Walsh General Manager
RRI Lansing East #029

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Red Roof Inn Lansing West
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 26 in Lansing
Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)

Been to Red Roof Inn Lansing East? Share your experiences!