“Best weekend ever”

Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend we up in E. Lansing for a chess tourney... It was the best weekend we have ever had!!!

It was during a weekend where a good amount of snow fell, the staff cleaned the parking kit about every hour making sure everyone could get out, it was very sweet! Staff was very friendly, we had a great time even though I was a crappy

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Krickee12
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

We thank you for your kind words, the staff loves to hear what the guest comments are so that theyc can make changes as needed. I hope to see you In the near future on a return stay and happy roofing!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn 5 nights while our well was being repaired at home. I can't say enough about the friendly staff and the cleanliness of the room. If the room were not so much in need of a remodel, I would definately give this Inn a five star rating. Hopefully, the management will take a second look and realize a hotel trying so hard deserves some financial investment.

Room Tip: A few rooms have a fridge and microwave. You need to ask for them.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

the staff and I thank you for your kind words and wanted to let you know that we are in the process of updating many of are rooms with beds, carpets and paint. we were also glad to here that your plumbing is fixed and you are back in your home. We would love for you to stay with us again if needed and remember we have many convenient locations throughout the country.

David Walsh General Manager

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is the first time that I stayed at this hotel, and I was very disappointed at how run-down everything looked. The room itself was nothing great - the carpeting was dirty and the room had a funny smell to it. The refrigerator was extremely noisy. The blankets on the bed were bare minimum, which didn't help with the fact that the heat didn't work very well. If I had to pay the full price of the room (about $104 per night), I would have been pretty upset because it's definitely not worth it. I got it for about $54 a night by paying for it in advance. I'm not the type of person who goes around writing bad reviews about things, but I felt that I needed to warn about this hotel. It really needs to be updated and thoroughly cleaned. I don't plan on staying here again any time in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

I apologize that you did not have a great stay, you may have been in one of the rooms that we have not updated yet. In the very new future there will be a number of rooms that will be remodeled with new beds, carpet, and textured walls. Again I apologize and hope you will stay with us in the near future.

David S. Walsh GM

Reviewed October 14, 2012

In a world where generic motel rooms even have the same plastic garbage bags in the cans, a terrific staff member can make all the difference. Mary, the clerk that greets you in the evening and makes sure your arrival is easy, your night is safe, and your invoice is correct, is one main reason why I go about 10 miles out of my way each trip to stay at this Red Roof Inn.
The great thing is that the manager, who is no slouch himself, with his graciousness and efficiency, also knows her worth and he understands why she is so important to you. These two people really understand they are in the "hospitality industry" and to a tired traveller that can mean everything.

Room Tip: The rooms are all pretty much the same so pay a wee bit more and get the fridge and micro. And if yo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Yes, I also think Mary is a great employee and I know, along with the rest of my staff really try to to make a difference to our customers. I thank you for your kind word and hope to see you at Red Roof Inn Lansing East in the near future..

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel is good overall, really nice shampoo. Clean rooms, very good breakfast, good beds. The heating system only works during winters, so it might get a little chilly during the night. I don't have any complaints, just wish it was closer to campus or was cheaper/had better options for solo travelers.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

We appreciate your business so much and hope that you will return and stay with us again. your words were very kind and my staff really apprereciated you comments. The AC/Heaters should come on derpending on where you Have the setting. We will check the room you stayed and ensure it is working properly. Agian, I thank you for staying at Lansing East .

David Walsh General Manager
3615 Dunckel road
Lansing , Michigan 48910

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Love all the workers, went out of there way to make it enjoyable, and helpful with advice of area restaurants. clean beds, and nice T.V.s, very comftorable. And I have noticed, very pet friendly, not that I have a pet, but nice to know to recomend to friends and family. Good location also.

Room Tip: lower floor was helpful with luggage.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
redroof29, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, The staff at Lansing East tries very hard to provide a clean comfortable rooms and down home customer service.We hope to see you again in the near future and thanks for choosing Red roof inn Lansing East.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We had one night at this hotel.

1. I asked them 4 times to provide us with the most non-smoking unit as we are travelling with kids, but we still got a smoked out unit.

2. Lobby/office was transformed in a dog park, so i was served thru a small window.

Except these issues, place looks nice/renovated/quiet, and very unexpensive for an average rated hotel.

Room Tip: You may have to ask office to show you 2-3 units to select one which has less smoke smell.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alex V

Thank you for taking the time to review Lansing East on Trip Advisor I apoloize t hat your room smelled like smoke, We are currently working with a number of products that may eliminate this problem.in the future. It is against the law in Michigan to Smoke in a Hotel room, but on occasion some people choose to ignore it. I hope you will give us another chance to meet your lodging needs,and again I apologize, and thank you for staying at Lansing East.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU
#13 of 26 in Lansing
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lansing, MI
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing at Eastwood
Candlewood Suites East Lansing

Been to Red Roof Inn Lansing East? Share your experiences!