All reviews ceiling fan change rooms rooms are nice movie theater great location front desk staff dishwasher reggie flatware walmart bath channels linens internet tv property
Reviewed September 4, 2018

Excellent hotel, brand new, located right next to WalMart, great shopping and dining within walking distance. Here for a business trip, will definitely come back again. Great for personal or business travel. Located right off 127.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Josh D, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lansing Eastwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us and also taking the time to leave us a review. We're pleased to hear that the conveniences of the surrounding area made this an enjoyable stay. We're happy to hear that you'll be coming back and can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed August 29, 2018

I was so looking forward to my stay and I was very disappointed. I rated this 3/5 given I do not feel the quality/amenities are in alignment with the price. On a positive note the staff was very pleasant and helpful. My disappointment comes from the following:1. My bed sagged. This is a nearly new hotel. I'm not sure I've ever stayed at a Hilton with a saggy bed so this was an unwelcome surprise.2. My room had an unpleasant order that could not be identified. The staff smelled it as well. I couldn't change rooms because the hotel was full so I was stuck with a room that smelled like dirty socks.3. Final Dissatisfier - For a pricey business class hotel the room did NOT have a room safe. What Hilton hotel doesn't have a room safe? In a brand new hotel where rooms run $170+/night? This is a very pricey hotel for the area so I opted to use points. I wouldn't use points again at this property, or pay the hefty per night price.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Josh D, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lansing Eastwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Barb,

We're sorry to hear about these issues and apologize that we were unable to move you to another room during during your stay with us. Most Hilton properties have transitioned away from safes and now provide safety deposit boxes at the front office in their stead, but we do understand how that could be an inconvenience. We thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honors member and for using your hard-earned points to stay with us. We hope that you'll give us a second chance on your next visit to Lansing!

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Stayed in a two bed suite. Room was spacious with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. Breakfast was sufficient to get us through our morning round. Hotel was very quiet. Did not hear much noise from adjacent rooms or across the hallway.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Josh D, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lansing Eastwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Mike,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be quiet and relaxing. Thank you for staying and taking the time to leave feedback about your stay. We really appreciate it and hope to see you around the next time you hit the links at one of the many fantastic courses in the Lansing area!

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Homewood for 2 separate weeks, with 1 week off in between. Had 2 very different experiences both times. Both very poor. I’m shocked at the quality of both the facility and the staff at this location. Expect much more from Hilton properties.

On the first trip, I had 2 skirts dry cleaned, and they came back smelling horrible, like rusting metal which was strange. I had to get them re-dry cleaned when I got home.

I also used the gym, where both treadmills were covered in sweat (pictured). There were also no wipes for the machines. I went to the front desk and the gentleman said he would get some. I ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes (after wetting a towel to wipe down the machine) and no wipes ever came. My shower also had brownish paint (maybe) on the floor (pictured) that wouldn’t come off.

One evening I turned on my ceiling fan, I heard a loud pop and sparks starting raining down on the bed and carpet from the fan. I quickly turned it off. I told the front desk, who never followed up with me to let me know if anyone had looked at it. The control panel was open In my room when I returned so I assumed someone came to look...

Finally on week 1, I went downstairs around 3am one night to purchase ibuprofen for a headache. No one was at the desk so I left $2 on the desk and wrote on a card that I had purchased the pills and what room I was in (pictured). Next day when I checked out the $2 was on my bill even though I already paid.

The second trip wasn’t great either. After the first night (Monday), the cleaners didn’t replace my bath mat for the shower, so I folded up a bath towel and used that on Tuesday instead. Wednesday when I returned to the room, The towels hadn’t been picked up off the floor, just laying in a pile where I left them. (Pictures attached) I had to go to the front desk to get new towels and actual bath mats. The woman at the desk inquired as to my room number but no apology.

The digital key wouldn’t pick up on the gym door, so I had to get a plastic card key, which stopped working to access the gym the next day. In the video attached, the water machine In the gym wasn’t working ( Tuesday). But there were wipes this time!!

The white countertop in my room had weird black stains or marks that I couldn’t get off (pictured).

I decided to check out Thursday instead of Friday because I’ve honestly had enough. As a business traveler and Hilton diamond member for several years, I’d rather stay at another brand than stay at this Homewood again.

Last thing- there was shattered glass in the parking lot from Monday afternoon until I checked out Thursday (pictures attached)

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Maggie C

Maggie,

We're truly sorry for a not living up to the standards we strive to exceed every day and not delivering the consistency you'd expect from a Hilton property. We never want to disappoint our guests, let alone a loyal Diamond member. We sincerely appreciate the photos so we can use these as a learning experience going forward. Again, we apologize for falling short on both of your stays with us. Having you check out early is our worst nightmare and that should never be the end result. We hope you'll accept our humble apology as we work toward doing better every day.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

Hotel was just opened about 3 months ago and is really nice. Rooms are complete with refrigerator, hot top, microwave, dishwasher and more. Complimentary breakfast every morning with something for everybody. An afternoon reception at 5 p.m. includes light snacks and several beer and wine options. I found out after I was there for three days that there is housekeeping daily, but they do not change the linens daily, you have to request it. Special thanks to Reggie at the front desk for his help throughout my stay, he's a real pro.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Josh D, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lansing Eastwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us, Rich. We appreciate your taking some time to leave feedback and also helpful info for others who may wish to stay with us. We have passed along your kind words to Reggie as well to be sure he is aware of your recognition.We hope to see you again in the near future!