“My favorite local eatery”
Review of Valentino's

Valentino's
Ranked #9 of 78 Restaurants in Lake Orion
Cuisines: Italian, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Valentino's Italian Grill is a charming and unique dining experience for the entire family. Located in beautiful downtown Lake Orion, Michigan moments from the Palace of Auburn Hills. Our Chef Louie, brings over 17 years of experience in traditional and contemporary Northern Italian Cuisine. Chef Louie took over Valentino's Italian Restaurant on July 12, 2012 in Lake Orion, Michigan to establish a high quality Italian Kitchen representing possibly the only true family owned, and operated Restaurant in and around Lake Orion. Chef Louie will prepare you a delicious meal, our Staff will deliver excellent service all at a good price. We're sure you will remember the excellent taste and friendly service. We also do catering and private parties for up to 90 people, please inquire with us for your next function or occasion. Our meals are freshly prepared, everything is cooked to order. Please try Valentino's Italian Grill in Lake Orion one time...We're confident we'll be your favorite Italian Restaurant. Friendly, clean and pleasant atmosphere is offered at Valentino's Italian Grill, and we're kid friendly too. Please bring the family, and enjoy our wide selections of steak, veal, pasta, chicken and seafood.....There will be something on the menu that will satisfy every taste. More Italian dishes are found in our Dinner Menu giving Valentino's Italian Grill the traditional Italian Restaurant feel for the whole family. We have a special Kids Menu as well!
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Loved Roma Cafe in Detroit. Moved 45 miles north and rarely go there. Valentino's is my new favorite for Italian food. Wait til you see the wine decanting procedure. I have a membership in their "frequent diner's club". Love that too.

Great appetizers and beautiful cocktail presentations.

Billie Westmoreland
Metamora, Michigan

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Went for dinner on 1-31-14. Service was excellent from the moment we walked in. Our waitress was not only attentive and knowledgeable, but she made us feel like guests in her home. The food was fantastic. The salad was fresh and the dressing was wonderful. My veal picatta was delicious and the portion was generous. I would have licked my plate, but the waitress would not let me run out of bread. My wifes pasta was so good she made herself save some so she could have it again at home. I would give them six stars if I could. Will be back again and again.

1  Thank twel88
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I had our traditional dinner out on Christmas Eve at Valentinos in Lake Orion MI.
Been here once or twice before and the food was always good so we dicided to make it our choice for the special evening.
Reservations were easy although they were only seating at 5, 7 , and 9 pm - nothing in-between.
I was told it was an effort to better handle the diners.
We chose 5pm and the restaurant was at best half full when we left about 70 min. later.
Our Server was excellent, the warm bread delicious, the house wine was even pretty good.
My wife ordered Chicken Picatta and I had Veal Marsala.
Unfortunately, my dish was way over salted and left me thirsty the rest of the evening and into the next day. My wife's chicken was very salty too but not quite as bad a mine.
I probably should have sent it back to the kitchen but I felt like we were somewhat being rushed to get done because the next group was coming soon for the 7pm seating. I did not complain or send it back (my mistake) but I did make note of it on the comment card that came with the Check.
No comment about it from the waitress who took my credit card. Does anyone there read the comment cards or these reviews? They should.
I can only hope 'Chef Louie" reads this and lays off the salt shaker.
All in all the dinner was OK but nothing special and actually problematic for folks like me who have to watch their salt intake.

1  Thank KenCz2013
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and I went there for a Holiday Party Dinner, we were totally disappointed with the food. Bread didn't look like it was freshly baked, salad with the pink Italian dressing had only lettuce and nothing else, ministrone soup was just so so. The Fried Calamari had no taste whatsoever, and I love calamari usually, but not this one. Veal Parmesan was rubbery and the sauce seemed like it came straight out of a jar. There was no trace of Marsala wine in the Chicken Marsala, making the dish pretty bland. Desserts of tiramisu and three milk cake were both unremarkable.
One of the wait staff, a young man helping out with taking away dishes, had so much cologne/perfume on that I ended up having an allergic reaction.

1  Thank DiamondPlus
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I love this place and have never been disappointed when we have been here for dinner. Shelly was our server and could not have been more attentive or personal to make our date night a special event. The food was excellent once again and the entertainment was a real nice bonus which gave great background music but did not drown out even the softest conversation. This is a place where either dressed casual or in a suit you feel right at home. So glad we have this place in our own town.