“Saturday Night Special” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 51 North Brewing - CLOSED

51 North Brewing
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Lake Orion, Michigan
“Saturday Night Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

A dixieland band was featured on a Saturday night. The entertainment was very good. The beer was also very good. I first tried a jalapeno porter that I would not recommend. However, raves for all other beers available, although a bit pricey. We tried some finger food and deserts that were excellent. 51 North was an outstanding experience all around.

• Visited August 2013

Lake Orion, Michigan, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wine and Beer made insight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Aside from the varieties of beer and wine that are made there the food is really good. Especially the dip.

• Visited December 2013
Shelby Township, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You should definately go!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Went on a Saturday - early afternoon - not super busy and we were helped right away.

When trying to decide on which beer they provided samples which is always nice. We tried the Coconut Cream Ale - Smells amazing and tastes just as good! Also tried the porter and the brown ale, I went with the Brown it was nice smooth and delicious. The boyfriend went for the Porter and then a the Cream Ale, he enjoyed both. We really wanted to try their Oatmeal stout, but sadly they were out.(Next time)

Food wise we started off with cups of the Garlicy Parmesan Beer Cheese Soup. It was not super thick and creamy like most beer cheese soups so don't expect that. It was more like a vegetable soup with a nice balanced broth, you will want to stir it around a bit the cheese likes to sit on the bottom. It also comes with what I will describe as a big garlicy crouton to dip in the soup. Over all it was very good and I will get it again, maybe next I would request a second crouton.

Next we got Chorizo/Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos. If you regularly eat jalapenos it will not bring the heat, but it will bring the flavor. I had always wanted to try chorizo sausage and it did not disappoint. We really liked this and will go back to eat this.

While we were there we met the owners and they were awesome, very friendly. We talked Mead for a bit and he gave us a sample of their Wildflower Mead and it was delicious, best way I can describe is sweet and clean, it was very light. I was driving or I would have had a glass.

Overall we really enjoyed our experience and will be going back soon. Hope this helps.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Metamora, Michigan
“Taco Tuesday is a deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I went to 51 North for their $0.75 tacos on Tuesday and had a great meal with my wife and daughter. The tacos are service on a soft corn tortilla and the started with chips and salsa. The salsa was outstanding and I used some of that on the tacos. I also ordered a flight of beers (which was six 5 oz. glasses of beer). Their Wednesday special of brats and beer for $5 sounds like my next trip.

• Visited November 2013
Oakland, Michigan
“Great Beer/Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Base beers are very good. I usually quite enjoy the specials or one-off brews they have. Food is very good. Definitely not bar food, and that's a good thing. Overall, good stuff. Wait staff might be a bit slow, but you can deal with it. I like this place. Nice to have a good brewpub so close.

• Visited September 2013