Red Roof Inn & Suites - Lake Orion/Auburn Hills
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Auburn Hills)
View Hotel
All reviewsshuttle serviceauburn hillsconcert venueaffordable place to stayparking lotindoor poolbath towelsboth morningsone night staytoilet papergreat weekenda great staywaffle makerbagelsthe room was nicefront desk clerkexercise room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Not only was this place a dump with a nasty comforter, filthy floors and smelly room, they ripped me off saying I smoked in the room and they had proof. It is an absolute scam, as I don't smoke. They refused to refund it saying it was my word over theirs. I had to have my credit card company reverse it. BEWARE of this dive....

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here for 7 hours. Was an awful smell coming from king size bed; as if someone had defecated.
Was also charged $200.00 saying I smoked in the room.

Staff all consisted of foreigners; not sure or do I carte where they come / came from.

Room Tip: Old and smelly.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at this property as it was the official hotel of the wedding we were attending. There was a scheduled shuttle to and from the wedding, a feature for which I could look the other way on many of the downfalls of this inn. However, we were unable to make the shuttle time to the wedding. We asked the desk clerk if we could take a cab to the wedding and take the hotel shuttle back. She replied that we could indeed do that, but that we were on our own as far as finding a cab; she would be unable to assist with that task. What hotel isn't able to help the customers call a cab? We ended up driving ourselves to the wedding, and I volunteered to be the designated driver.

Back to the hotel. Room was huge. Furnishings, carpeting, draperies were tired and mismatched. The room had two double beds, but the bathroom had enough towels for one person. Literally one thin hand towel, one thin bath towel, one washcloth. After the taxi conversation, we didn't bother attempting requesting additional towels.

Can't speak for the breakfast, it was a late wedding and we slept through the complimentary breakfast. The dining area appeared roomy and nicer looking than the hotel rooms. I do not know what the occupancy was at the hotel the night we were there, but upon returning from the wedding reception, there were zero available parking spots and we were forced to park at the restaurant next door.

This property didn't give me the creeps, but it was also not a place I was entirely comfortable. If I needed to spend a night in the Lake Orion area again, I would research all options before I would stay at the Palace Inn again. But from what I can see, this hotel has a bit of a monopoly in the immediate area. Location makes the place!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank roadtripblondie
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We made reservations here because of it's close proximity to a wedding we were attending and they accepted dogs.

Pros: microwave, refrigerator, great restaurant next door, free internet
Cons: NO closet....I mean none...absolutely no place to hang anything, pillows horribly overstuffed and hard, beds sagging in the middle, breakfast fair at best, and the worst was the front desk. The woman there last night did not speak any sort of acceptable English. We tried to tell here that we would like another pillow and she had no clue what we were saying. I understand that the cleaning ladies might have an English difficulty but I would assume that the front desk needs to have someone who understands simple questions.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank annika326
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We landed here without our choice: to use hotel parlance, my mom walked us here after overbooking her house. The selling point from her: it's a short distance from her place, so we don't have to stay here except for sleeping and dressing. The problem is that sleeping and dressing at this hotel are challenges in and of themselves: our room had no closet nor anyplace to actually hang clothes, the beds were so firm my wife (who swears by firm mattresses) couldn't get a good night's sleep, and the pillows were non-existent. The room had the look of a place that had a quick coat of paint as a redo.

But that's not the best part of this, interestingly. It was when I tried to use the fitness center. The fitness center is attached to the hotel, but for some inexplicable reason, the door to the fitness center is only accessible from the outside, meaning if you were staying in a room that had an interior door, you had to actually go outside to get in. There was a door connecting it to the pool, which had a door inside, but inexplicably this door was permanently locked.

Enjoying the brisk 25-degree weather, I went into the room. The water cooler was empty of both water and cups: when I informed the clerk on the way back in, they seemed disinterested in doing anything about it. The fitness center is surrounded by glass on three sides. This means that when the sun is out, the room becomes blazingly hot (even on a cold day). But there is no connection to the central air conditioning. Despite it being freezing outside, the treadmill, within the sun, was blazing hot.

I get this is a one-star-level property: I shouldn't ask for much. But the little I did ask for they couldn't even get right. We bailed after one night and moved to a proper hotel down Lapeer Road. I encourage you to do the same.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family