“home to see family”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lake Orion
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“home to see family”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

the room was very clean and they were very go to us when we we their would go back their and stay they we nice to us and it was eazy to find and good food too ..i would go back to stay their again.and bring my pets with me

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Davison, Michigan
Reviewed July 16, 2013

A friend and I went down for a concert at the Palace and had reservations at another hotel. This other hotel had assured us that they provided a shuttle to the Palace but when we showed up to check in not only were we greeted with rude service we were also told that the last shuttle left at 6:00 pm (it was 5:30 and we were not ready to go). So immediately we got on the phone and started calling other hotels. We got in touch with the Palace Inn and they were very kind and told us they had a room available as well as a shuttle service that ran every half hour and would take us and pick us up from the concert when we were ready. Upon our arrival we were greeted with extremely friendly and prompt service. The shuttle driver gave us his personal cell phone number in case we need to get in contact with him and dropped us and and picked us up in a very easy location at the Palace. They even knocked about $20 off the price of our room (which was already cheaper that anywhere else) since we had such a bad experience at the other hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay near or around the Auburn Hills or Lake Orion area. They shuttle to the Palace as well as DTE!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Heidi1984_13
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I had a fine stay at the Palace Inn. I was a little concerned when the GPS indicated that this was a Best Western and when I arrived it clearly is an independent facility. 1 minute into the check in process I was somewhat put at ease because of the professional treatment by the staff. Then I was again concerned when I got to the smoky dingy stairwell where the ice maker used to be. Once in my room however my apprehension was finally eased. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable and somewhat updated. No smell of smoke surprisingly. Plenty of cable choices to watch on the new flat panel tv. Wifi worked great and the shower had plenty of pressure and hot water. Breakfast was standard tasteless hotel give away grub but it should tide you over until lunch. The area is quiet and the parking area is well lit and safe. Obviously there are high end hotels near by that would surpass this one in many ways but if you want to save a couple of bucks this is the place.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank The8racer
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Good value for the area. I will stay here again. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Bed was a little hard for what I am used to, but I did fall asleep with no problem. Indoor pool looked inviting. Lobby was nice and the chairs were comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HokeWeise
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for 2 nights. The location was great for us, however the sign is so small we kept missing the hotel however we then took Home Depot as a landmark which is across the street. We were welcomed by an informative male at the receptionist. He was also accommodating when asked for a room with 2 beds instead of a roll away as the 2nd bed. The room was clean and quiet. The continental breakfast was sufficient to start the day. Unfortunately, we had no time to use the swimming pool , gym or the shuttle. The beds were comfortable as well. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Check the room before you make a decision on which one you decide to stay in. Don't take a room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank traveller649
PalaceInnLakeOrion, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites - Lake Orion/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post kind words about your stay at The Palace Inn. We apologize that the building was difficult to find, but we are glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We will pass your kind words in regards to the staff along to the appropriate team members. Our goal is to provide the best customer service possible to our valued guests, and we are happy that you were pleased with your stay and service. Please keep us in mind for your future travel needs!
The Palace Inn
Management and Staff
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Staff friendly. Cliente like the cast of "cops". It's 1:00 a.m. And have been hearing constant yelling, dogs barking, and just now the distinct sound of teen voices followed by someone throwing up. This isn't just a bad night or noisy group situation. It appeared all evening that this is a place that attracts questionable characters. Serves me right for trying to save a few bucks.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank careful_consumer_60
Waterford, Michigan
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here one night for a wedding. There was a free shuttle to & from the reception which was great, the driver was very good. I hear they also use the shuttle service for events at The Palace which would be ideal, the location is perfect for that. The staff was also very nice. The room was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was far above average, more than satisfying. There is a Bar/Restaurant right next door that you can walk to which is very nice at night. The biggest gripes I have are that there was no closet or even any place to hang our clothes for the wedding/reception. I had to hang them on the shower curtain bar and the lamp because there was no place else in the room to hang anything.....very strange. Another problem was the bathroom was extremely dark. Even with both sets of light on it was almost impossible to see yourself well enough to put on makeup and have it look good. Maybe all rooms are not the same, I don't know. I would suggest booking your room online through one of the many vacation websites, the 'special group price' through the hotel for the wedding goers was quite a bit more expensive than the price I booked the room for online. These three reasons are the only reasons why I did not rate the hotel as 'very good' since these 3 things are very important to me. Otherwise this was a good hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank GingerSmith
PalaceInnLakeOrion, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites - Lake Orion/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest
We thank you for your compliments in regards to your stay at The Palace Inn. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We would like you to know that we have been adding closets to the hotel rooms in our remodeling process. We have taken notice and have addressed the dim light bulbs as well. We thank you very much for your feedback! If you do choose to attend a DTE or Palace concert, please keep us in mind for your stay, as we do shuttle our guests to the concerts!
The Palace Inn Hotel
SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
#4 of 17 in Auburn Hills
Hampton Inn Detroit / Auburn Hills - North (Great Lakes Crossing Area)
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive
Baymont Inn & Suites Auburn Hills

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites - Lake Orion/Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!