“My 4 day stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lake Orion
Clarkston, Michigan
“My 4 day stay”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Palace Inn and was very please with the service there. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will most definitely go back there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LadyGoss7
PalaceInnLakeOrion, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites - Lake Orion/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the pleasant comments your wrote about the Palace Inn. We take pride in providing our guests with friendly service and providing a welcoming and comfortable stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Palace Inn Management & Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Room was dirty had to clean our self stuff was rude had to talk to them three times about the ppl in the room above us who stomped around all night long no one came to our door to ask if we needed anything pool was dirty there was bugs and hair floating in the water bathroom door handle needed to be fixed never did anyone come to fix it the price was high for a room thats the size of a room at motel 6 the last two times I stayed price was lower for a much bigger room overall our stay was the worst we have ever had at ANY hotel

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Anna281983
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We address each situation promptly and personally. We apologize that your stay was not as comfortable as you would have liked. We hope that you enjoyed your stay the second time around with us. We have been remodeling and updating the hotel during the 2012 year and we invite you come stay with us again!

Travelers are raving about these Lake Orion hotels

Allegan, Michigan
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed. From the moment I checked in until the moment I checked out. AWFUL!! When I arrived @ 3pm my room wasn't clean, the entire hotel had no hot water and they were very disorganized. I attended a wedding with shuttle service provided by the motel, the shuttle to the wedding was 15 min late and I had to wait over a hour for a shuttle ride back to the hotel! They did agree to give us a discount for the poor service, however when I checked out they refused to give me a discount because I had booked through the website! Awful place, awful staff. Save your money and go to another hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bobbie D
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at the Palace Inn. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. It is our policy to provide each guest with quality service, we sincerely apologize if a few details were overlooked. In regards to the discount, unfortunately, there are different policies for online booking. Again we apologize for the inconvenience and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Palace Inn Management
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Booked room for a friends wedding. Spent more time sitting in the hallway trying to get into my room, than I did enjoying a night out! Nearly 5 times I was issued keys that did not allow access to my room! Before the wedding, after the wedding, morning after the wedding we were issued keys that DID NOT WORK! When calling to voice my complaint, supervisor Jen did nothing, not even to "pretend" like she cared! Arguing with me that I'm lying about the events of my stay at this hotel! Last time I checked, the CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT! LIVID!!! Pull video's lady!! You'll see me standing in the hallway trying to get in! You will see how many times we were at the front desk!!! TERRIBLE IS NOT A LOW ENOUGH SCORE!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Rosella M
Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced while staying at the Palace Inn. We see that your review was posted over a year ago. I would like to let you know that the hotel has since come to be under new ownership and we have remodeled and updated all of the rooms. In addition to room renovation, we have updated many features throughout the hotel. We invite you to come and stay with us again in the future and let us show you the changes we have made and are quite proud of.

Palace Inn Management
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I blocked rooms for my sisters wedding several weeks in advance. The hotel provided a shuttle from the site of the Wedding reception to the hotel. They would not allow us to check in early and since the wedding started at the same time as check-in I informed the hotel that we would be checking in late, after the wedding. They reassured me that would not be a problem and insisted they "do weddings at the same facility all the time". After the Wedding the shuttle picked us up at the reception site and took us to the hotel. The driver even told us how they had the conference room open and we could all hang out and continue the festivities. When the shuttle arrived at the hotel we were informed that they didn't have any rooms available! We had a wedding party of 16 people, including the bride and groom, and nowhere to go! We were stranded!! I spoke with not only the hotel but also corporate several times and got nowhere. Not only would I NOT RECOMMEND Palace Inn but I also DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY BEST WESTERN. The issue was never resolved and we were never compensated.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jstefo22
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you and your wedding guests experienced in 2011. We would like to inform you that the hotel is no longer a Best Western and it is under different management now than when your party arrived. We specialize in weddings and have multiple weddings each weekend during the summer season. We hope that you will come stay with us again and give us the opportunity to show you how different things are now.

La Jolla, California
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed at the Palace Inn for a friends wedding and had a great experience! My husband and I thought this hotel had a wonderful staff and very accommodating!!! We both travel so much that it was nice to stay a hotel that had pleasant staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Tom M
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments in reviewing the Palace Inn. We are happy to provide our guests with excellent customer service and accommodations. We hope you will stay with us again in the future and be sure to check out our newly renovated lobby and guest rooms!

Thank You Again!
The Palace Inn Management & Staff
Ferndale, Michigan
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We had a rooms blocked for our wedding in Sept. 2011. First of all, the hotel completely changed names from the "Best Western" to the "Palace Inn" after I made our reservations and they didn't even have the courtesy to contact me and let me know. As a result, I sent out information for "Best Western" with my wedding invitations. It wasn't a horribly big deal since the phone number and address stayed the same, but I was still upset because I could have provided our guest correct information had it been supplied to me.

In addition to the name change, the sales representative I had been making all my arrangements and correspondence with left the company. Again, I had no notification whatsoever. I sent her a bunch of email inquiries, and of course, I did not receive any reply. A couple weeks later, I called the hotel directly and they informed me she no longer worked there. Again, I was a little frustrated that no one had taken over her email account, and once again, there I was left in the dark about what seemed to me, a big deal.

Our wedding night at this hotel was AWFUL. While walking down the hall to our room (in my wedding dress), I was approached by a staff person and told if my party did not quiet down, the police were going to be called. They seriously threatened me so harshly for noise on my most joyous occasion? Oh yeah. This came as total shock to me since I was literally just passing through the hallway, and my wedding group was no where nearby. I felt that this was a special day for me. Instead of being accommodated, I was treated like a delinquent.

We had gift bags that were to be handed out to our guest upon check in. While most of the bags were handed out, there were a few that we not. The day after our wedding, the front desk person was horribly rude to my mother who was trying to collect the unclaimed gift bags for me. After she argued with the person, they finally gave her the bags.

THIS WAS A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL FOR A WEDDING BLOCK AT ALL. IT'S A MESS OF A HOTEL WITH HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank jessica F
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to greatly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced on your wedding day. We would like to let you know that the hotel is no longer a Best Western, as we have come to be under new management. Many changes have been made to the hotel since the date of your review, including staffing. We encourage you to stay with us again in the future and allow us to show you the changes that have been made. Additionally, if you would ever like to speak with our Sales Manager, her name is Debbie Bryk and she can be reached by calling the hotel. Again, we apologize for the experience you had and would like to offer you a more positive one.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Orion
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Waterford

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites - Lake Orion/Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!