Message from TripAdvisor:

“Great alternative to overpriced in-park resorts”

Windsor Hills Executive Plus Resort
Christchurch
“Great alternative to overpriced in-park resorts”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We booked a privately owned townhouse with plunge pool for 10 nights (Storytime) It was 3bed, 3 bath with fantastic Disney decor in one of the bedrooms which our youngest loved - even had its own Mickey TV!
The kitchen was well equipped which allowed for at-home meals when we wanted. There was even a Mickey waffle maker.
It was clean and well-maintained and the resort itself is very well kept and felt safe and family-friendly. Gated, with a convenience store and a big pool with water slide, the resort was only 8 minutes drive from Animal Kingdom park, and about 10-15 mins from the others.
We felt it was very reasonably priced at about $100 a night, much less than we would have paid for one room at an in-park resort.
Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to other families

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Saskiwi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Finnish first
manchester uk
Reviewed January 19, 2014

You need to sort your package policy out. wherever we stay in the world the clubhouse or front desk take packages for guests. Not at Windsor hills They reject them. It's a very important part of our vacation to be able to receive packages. The resort is very nice and we would stay again but not until you revise you policy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank loracdanenyaw
Doncaster
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Booked a villa here for las February and had the ebst time ever. Really handy for Disney and lots of shops and restuarants in close proximity if you have a car. Amazing properties, kids loved the pool and the playgrounds, though never made it to the comunal pool, we'll try that next year. Definately be back,

Room Tip: get a south faceing pool if possible
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sally S
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Excellent resort. We stayed in 5 bed Villa. Couldn't have asked for more. So close to 192 and Disney. 6 minutes and we were at West Gates to Disney. Nice play area for kids too at end of our Street. No noise or people looking straight at you from other Villas as they were well spaced out.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Packacasenow
Yorkshire
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed here with a family group. Lots of room for all. A safe and well cared for resort. The villa was clean and well presented. The rooms were a good size, and the pool was clean.
It was an ideal central location for us. It has security controlled access with regular site patrols.
There are some amenities for children on site with a play area and shop.
We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank blue31767
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Hi, I have never commented before however after researching vacation homes and found that Westjet used this resort in their packages, felt that this would be the perfect choice. It was not, after walking in the town home with private pool realized I had made a mistake. The home looked JUST like the pictures however when you looked a bit closer, there were bugs in the kitchen...everytime the dishwasher was open tonz of bugs ran from the inside, including the kitchen sink, counter..they went everywhere in the kitchen! The rug looked like it was never cleaned, including the living room furniture, which I put sheets over so we could sit on them (the sheets were grey they were so old). The first morning we tried to go in the pool, there was a dead frog floating around and so much scum on the sides it looked like it hasn't been cleaned in months! When I called the 'Magical Vacations' line I was told I get what I pay for, that I had a full-town house and things were differant in Florida than Canada and that I could not be moved as it wasnt a hotel. Then the man on the phone scolled me saying he had jeu spent an hour of his day on the phone with me because of a frog in the pool...this was not the case, its because it WAS NOT CLEAN, the house or the pool! The main floor had mostly tile but the one-bedroom did not, the space in-between was bug, with frayed carpet and nails sticking outward which I stepped on and was bleeding...My goodness, I can not believe I had taken my daughter & mom to such a dirty place. After returning from a busy day, we walked into cock-roches in the front area by our shoes....I called and asked to be moved, I was told I can not be moved but they will bring in someone to spray the next business day, then was told "you are the woman I spend an hour with on the phone because of a frog in the pool", we were on the phone because the pool & home was dirty and never did get cleaned! I left to another resort the next day and was reimbursed for the days I did not stay however this was state policy. There are many other wonderful vacation homes, with very reasonable prices out their, please be aware, it does look just like the photos but my goodness I do not recommend this at all and wouldn't want anyone else to have that experience.

Room Tip: Read reviews, research was else is around and ask others who have travelled to the same area!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Tina20071107
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2013

stayed here for 2 weeks with 13 members of my family. had a fantastic holiday and the villa was out of this world. Already saving to go again. the villa was fantastic and well stocked. there was a games room with snooker table, xbox and hockey table, so the men and kids were happy. We only had a small car for getting shopping and hired a man with a minivan to transport us around to disney and universal. this was ideal for us as he showed us all the areas of disney we would have never gone to. We were there for the 4th july and spent it at the boardwalk at disney- amazing!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Villas of Grand Cypress
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 339 in Orlando
Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club

Been to Windsor Hills Executive Plus Resort? Share your experiences!