“I realized how bad I am in Golf on this course” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Kimball
More attraction details
Owner description: Solitude Links Golf Course and Banquet Center is a premier golf course located in St. Clair County, Michigan. The four tee boxes range from 6711 yards at the championship tees to 4289 yards at the forward tees offering experienced and novice golfers alike a playable and satisfying round of golf. The course is designed for all skill levels, and the surroundings provide a dramatically different experience each time it is played.
Macomb, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“I realized how bad I am in Golf on this course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

This course offers so many beautiful views of nature. The grounds are well maintained. I paid $20 for this course on Lastminutegolfer.com for a round of 18. This price made it worth the 45 minute drive for this type of course. The staff is friendly. I could not tee of the First Hole because there was a wedding going on. Which I totally understood. I would not want to be saying my vows and then hear someone curse because they had a bad shot off the tee box. If I lived by here I would be here once a week. The course is really challenging with a lot of water hazards and bunkers. Bring a lot of extra golf balls with you.

Visited August 2013

London, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Best kept secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Another great round of golf, even if it was the hottest day of the year. Greens and fairways in excellent shape. They really keep an eye on this place. Clubhouse lunch and beverages reasonably priced and staff is very friendly. If I didn't live in Canada I would be a member here!

1 Thank MarigoldMiss
Flint, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty course but not treated well.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

My friends and I played Fore Lakes Golf Club near Port Huron on July 11th. To start with the course is pretty but it was kind of ruined right off the start. We had a deal to get free range balls and the woman behind the counter was not very nice to us and was trying to not give us our range balls. Then, when we went to tee off at the first tee the starter asked where we were from and when we told him where we were from he put down our city and asked if it was still there which irritated us before we even teed off! He also tried to get us to play from the white tees since we are over 50 but we normally play from the black tees on harder courses than Fore Lakes. (I think my tee shots of mine & my friends about 280 down the middle shut him up!) I also paid $2.50 more for a burger than my friend did and the service there wasn't good either. They need someone else running the course that treats the golfers better. - The course was pretty but a lot of the traps had gravel in them. We will probably never play there again because of the way we were treated and they had never even seen us as yet.

Se Michigan
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Bunker's Restaurant needs a manager.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful location. Outstanding wedding venue and wedding manager (Kathy). However, the restaurant needs attention. We tried the all you can eat prime rib and fish on a dew occasions now and each time it gets worse. Tonight we walked in to a packed waiting area while there were many empty tables in the dining area (red flag). We sat at the bar and waited for our table for 45 minutes...only to notice the hostess seating newcomers. The bathrooms are dirty, the kitchen is slow, the hostess and wait staff are running around without direction. The bartender also serves as a waitress, which really slows things down. I've been to many restaurants and I know what it looks like when a place is headed downhill...and this one is on a slippery slope. Too bad. We need a nice restaurant in the area.

clinton twp
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Clubhouse restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasantly Surprised at the quality of the restaurant the food was pretty great ... love the BBQ ribs, portions were huge but the quality was really spot on...would come again

Visited June 2012

Been to Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center? Share your experiences!