“All good, BUT...”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kentwood
Thomasville, Georgia
“All good, BUT...”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I really enjoyed staying here on a recent trip to the area.

There is one thing I wish could have been different and it is not something you could lay blame on anyone, it is what it is....I think...

When you are staying in an Extended Stay hotel, of any kind, for a business trip, you need to remember that most everyone else is staying there longer term.

So in a nut shell, when the bars close, and everyone comes back, they are not thinking Motel, they are thinking Apartment, and pretty loud in the hallways....

Maybe grouping rooms by length of stay, for example, placing 1-2 day stays on the top floor away from the long term folks?

Otherwise, the staff was great and the rooms clean, water hot and the bed was super comfortable!!

Room Tip: Ear plugs on the first floor!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The young girl that checked us in wasn't the friendliest, but wasn't rude. She didn't mention anything about the 'breakfast', which shouldn't be called a breakfast on deal websites which we booked through, as its very misleading.
Everything about the place was average. If you needed a place to stay with a kitchen it maybe worth it, but not for a night stop over and if you want an actual breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. I do certainly recognize, however, that if you are looking for a full breakfast, our coffee bar won't satisfy you. I sincerely wish we had been better able to communicate exactly what our morning service includes so that you would not have been disappointed.

Columbus OH
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've stayed at one other Extended Stay America (Novi) and loved it. This one didn't quite match up. The staff was wonderful . . . even let me check in early. But the room was a far cry from the other Extended Stay hotel. The kitchen area was extremely small, making it nearly impossible to cook or even wash the dishes. The fan over the stove blew the "vented" air right into your face, not out . . . so the room never lost the smell of whatever I cooked. The bed was so hard, I could have been sleeping on the floor . . . and the only blanket was a stiff, acrylic cover. The refrigerator constantly hummed, and the bathroom had a light/fan combination so you couldn't keep the bathroom light on at night. Couldn't regulate the heat or air in the room . . . no matter what I set it on, it was way too hot . . . even with the window open. I was very disappointed considering how nice the Novi hotel was.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HM-ESA, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the fan over the stove was inadequitte. We are also sorry that we were not able to get into your room to change out the heating and cooling unit. In response to your feedback, I am making sure that we are taking care of any heating/cooling issues that is brought to our attention. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at grk@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Tom the manager is so very polite and profesional very easy to deal with and so willing to help, He is an asset to Extended Stay. Amanda the assistant manager, is very plesent, a joy to see, she always has a great smile and never has a bad thing to say about anyone. Amanda looks very neat and has a great appearance also if you need to find a place or go somewhere, she is always willing to help. Amanda is an asset to your company. Those things mean a lot to travelers, Joe the maintenance man, is such a very nice man, he always says helo and if you need anything fixe he is thee right now and willing to help, we enjoyed our stay and the staff makes it a enjoyable stay. Tosh is the sweetest young desk clerk that we have seen in a while she is a pleasure to see. Your whole staff was great to us. The rooms are clean and fresh. Thank you for a very nice stay at Extended Stay America--Grand Rapids, Kentwood.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HM-ESA, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, November 15, 2012

Kentwood, Michigan
Reviewed November 5, 2012

When we moved in the city we stayed in this hotel for almost a week. It was very close to all restaurants and Centerpointe mall making it very convenient. Since you have a kitchen at your disposal along with the essential utensils you also have the option to cook. The room was very cosy and the staff friendly. We got two keys for Me and my husband. I misplaced mine during the stay and the hotel staff were very kind and didn't charge us for it.
It works out beneficial if you stay for a week or more as you get lower room rates.

Room Tip: Works out more reasonable for a longer stay (a week or more)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HM-ESA, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, November 6, 2012

Guelph, Ontario
Reviewed October 22, 2012

On Oct 19, 2012 my partner and I stayed at the Extended Stay. Check in was easy. The room was nice and big, but very basic furniture. The tv was a flat screen but was getting old as the picture was dark. No breakfast is provided. Nice bed but had a poor sleep because of the noise coming from the other rooms and they were just walking around their room Very annoying. The price was right but unless you are on a budget I can not recommend staying at this hotel

Room Tip: stay on the top floor for reduced annoying noise from other rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
john016, Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the television in your room had a dark screen and about the noise issues. We did just upgrade to all flat screen televisions but some may be defective. I will ensure that we inspect all our televisions to ensure there aren’t any further problems. when you stay the next time we will Our staff usually takes care of any noise issues that are brought to their attention and I am sorry we failed to do so. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at grk@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Kentwood hotels

Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Over paid$95.00 for a 1970's travel lodge type room. Carpet, furniture bed spread run down, frayed, and very worn out. No extras. Ie breakfast, pool, work out rooms, all not here. If you like this type of room, great, but you should pay no more then 50 bucks,. MAX

• Stayed May 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. I take seriously your concern, however, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kentwood
Comfort Inn Airport
Drury Inn & Suites Grand Rapids
#3 of 48 in Grand Rapids
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Grand Rapids, MI
Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids

Been to Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood? Share your experiences!