“Victoria's Filet might have been Victor's Sirloin” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 55 Restaurants in Kentwood
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Tucson, Arizona
“Victoria's Filet might have been Victor's Sirloin”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I ordered Outback curbside takeaway on the one night I was staying at a nearby hotel. After waiting in the car for 5 minutes after my order was to have been ready - and seeing no one bringing out bags of take-out food - I went inside. My order was not ready, but was done within about 8 minutes. I didn't check the food before returning to the hotel. I was disappointed to see that my "filet" - normally thick and round - was flat and thin. It was cooked correctly, but was not tender or flavorful as Victoria's Filet normally is. While this experience was not horrible, I think it's especially important to a) follow your own rules about curbside takeaway, 2) make sure orders are ready on time, and 3) (most importantly) make sure the order is totally correct. You only have one chance to make a first impression when food is carried out, and my impression was that this is not a great Outback.

• Visited December 2013

Reed City, Michigan, USA
“Good steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I had a great meal on Alpine in Grand Rapids area. I was sitting there looking across the room at a booth with one of those blooming onions and it looked so good, but so big too, so we decided not to order one, but man I wish they would have a smaller version of those so you could order it and still have room to enjoy the great steaks they serve. If you ask me they could do a early bloomer and get the same onions that are smaller in size and they would sell more of those because you need at least 4-8 people with the size they have now if you plan on eating something else along with the onion. Or come up with some onion peddles so you could order those and enjoy a few before your main course.

Great place to eat!!

Visited November 2013
Greater Detroit Area, MI
“Friendly service and typical good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

When we travel, we often share meals since we do not enjoy large meals. The server was very attentive when we told him what we wanted and took the time to assure that we had the meals we wanted.

They not only split the steak for us, they served it on two separate plates with each half cooked to our preference. The two meals were both very good.

Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vacuuming again!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I guess this is my new pet peeve. After getting our food one of the other servers started vacuuming between our table and another customers table. I wish this restaurant lived up to the commercials because it looks so good on TV. Sadly the interior is dim, to disguise the run down decor and the overcooked food. As I was a guest of a friend I did not complain but am beginning to think that the management in these chain restaurants have left for the outback. Or they are literally out back.

• Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Good Just Like Usual”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Food was good and just like you would get at any other outback. The service was good and our server was very nice. The place was not busy and I don't know if you would need reservations. I like the food options on the menu and you can make all the food healthy if you would like!

Visited August 2012