“Great food, Bad Management”

G's Pizzeria & Deli
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Kalkaska
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Iv'e been going here for years because the pizza is great but the last time I went I found a hair on my breadsticks and the waitress wasn't very nice about it. Then after that I found a hair on my pizza (I didn't know if it was mine or someones else's) so I was nervous to tell our waitress so I told another one and they didn't do anything about it. They made us new bread sticks in the beginning but never said sorry or take anything off the bill or do something about the pizza. I couldn't even eat my meal. At least don't charge us for the 79 cent ranch and sauce. Great food, poor staff.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stopped here on our drive back from Mackinac Island to Chicago. None of my iPhone apps picked it up (so much for apps). Very friendly staff. Excellent food. Really a home style family style experience. The chilli was awesome, so was the smoked salmon and garlic bread. If I didn't live 4 hours away from it, I'd go there at least a few times a week.

1  Thank UnrulyOne
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Have been going here for years. Have always loved the pizza. My husband loves the salad. Used to love eating here. Over the past year the service has severely declined. It is terrible. We have continued to go back, hoping that the owners would do something about it, but unfortunately they have not. The place is always dirty now, and the staff is a joke. We have even tried just ordering pizza to go so we don't have to deal with it. But, that hasn't worked out too well. It looks like our days of enjoying G's Pizza are behind us.

3  Thank BridjetT
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Will never go back. The owner is so rude, even to her workers. I don't not know why they would stay there.
The pizza was just okay. Not really sure they use quality toppings.
Really couldn't enjoy it , with what was going on, with the waitress.
We had a very nice waitress.

4  Thank out4funandfood
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I don't know how they make their crust but I fell in love with mine. Soft but crispy with the BEST flavor. I ordered the greek pizza and my friend ordered the california pizza and we traded slices. Mine was the better of the two. I really have never met a pizza I couldn't like, except for little caesar's $5 hot n ready. I could probably eat pizza every day if I didn't care about my health, that's how much I love pizza. Pizza Hut, Jet's, Hungry Howie's, Mancino's, Dominoes. etc ... go get G's recipe for crust.