“Perfect meal on the road”

Shirley's In the Woods Cafe'
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Kalkaska
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stopped at Shirley's while on the road. The staff was friendly. The menu has just enough variety- sandwiches and soup and breakfast all day! ( my personal favorite) The most impressive feature here is almost very thing is house made. I had corned beef hash and eggs. My cinnamon toast was really good. And the hash was some of the best I have had- nice and crispy. My friend had a sandwich with turkey, apple butter and cheese. Really good.

1  Thank Jbo369

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Tasty gem in the middle of nowhere. Clean restaurant, which can be hard to find... Food served hot. Pleasant wait staff.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We dine here often when at the family cottage, very clean, nice staff and good food! We continue to return and always a good restaurant!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went to breakfast yesterday at Shirley's In the Woods. We've passed it many times and finally stopped. I have to say I now know the reason why they are so crowded during meal times. The place is wonderful with great food. We arrived while they were packed. We had our 15 month old grandson with us. They were super friendly and actually took our order before we were seated so that once we were seated it would take less time to get our food. The food was fantastic, and their home made bread was the greatest. The staff, including Shirley, were super friendly. This is truly a gem in the woods. If you are travelling between Grayling and Traverse City Michigan on M72, stop at this one.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a really popular place, as it should be. Four of us stopped in for breakfast this morning and I had the corned beef hash omelette, with hash browns and sourdough bread. It was excellent! The food was a wee bit slow, but that was because of volume, so no worries. The young lady who attended to us, was bright, smart and with a good sense of humour (which she probably needed with this merry band of miscreants!). Thoroughly recommend his for a nice breakfast. It is also, easy off easy on for RVs.