“Good Stay Good Price!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Kalamazoo East
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed May 28, 2014

From the staff, the breakfast (best breakfast I've had and have stayed at numerous hotels), the pool; this place is a good stay and is always at the right price. Some people are hard on this hotel because of the "Marriot" name but they are comparing it to hotels that are still newer and just built.. People keep complaining about their keys too.. helpful hint: DON"T PUT IT BY YOUR CELL PHONE.. all hotel keys have a magnetic strip that sometimes cancels out when next to your phone.. I really enjoy my stays at this hotel. Thanks again Fairfield!!

Room Tip: Request away from the highway if you're a light sleeper; they do their best to make your night a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Having spent three (3) nights at this property, the Front Desk staff showed great knowledge of the area and was most helpful in giving suggestions for dining and directions to get to my business destinations. Mr. Jay Gladstone, GM of the hotel, assisted me in ensuring my stay was up to my expectations. His staff team such as Briana Jenkins and Iesha Banks always greeted the guests (including me) with warm smiles and an upbeat attitude. I feel that such treatment tends to be lacking in many large major hotels. My room was well cared for and most comfortable during my stay. I plan to be back in the Kalamazoo MI area later this summer to enjoy the pleasures on offer for summer relaxation. This being my first stay in the area, as stated above, I'll be back! A D S

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The room and hallways were clean. Heater worked great. We had one request when we checked in, and the desk clerk was able to meet our request. Only one problem: we had to have door keys redone 5 times. Two other rooms were having the same trouble. I think the locks have to be serviced. The desk clerk apologized. The Manager took our concern seriously and said he'd have the locks fixed. Breakfast was great: warm scrambled eggs, real fresh fruit, several different juices, different coffees, yogurt, cereals. Seating in the dining area was packed but lots of room to walk around and get safely from food area to our table. Highly recommend this place. We've stayed here many times and will return again. Very nice Staff from the desk clerk to the housekeepers to the Manager.

Room Tip: get a room facing the front of the hotel. The back of the hotel faces noisy highway. Also get a room...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lilygal
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Some old college buddies of mine and I decided we would get together for a night out for the first time in years. I hadn't been back to Kalamazoo in over 10 years so I needed some help from the front desk girl to inform me about all new places to go. She was AMAZING! She gave me directions to all the new bars and her suggestions were great. The bed was perfect and the breakfast in the morning hit the spot!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My friends and I stayed for a girls night and were very pleased. We loved the hot breakfast and the helpful people at the front desk. We would definitely stay here again and are excited to come when the pool is open!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank fordgirrl
Reviewed April 17, 2014

First things first, I would just like to make comment about Marisa B's review, This area has and STILL is getting snow. The salt was probably there for the last snow storm we had encountered. Also, I do NOT know anybody or any place that actually cleans the extra salt away....
Anyways, I live in the area and about once a month I will take a weekend to get away from the stress of life. I try to spread the wealth around and help the local economy. Anywho, when I first arrived I was a little concerned but once I got to the front desk the staff was AMAZING! They were super helpful. I gave them a list of things I did/didnt want with the room and they picked the perfect room for me. I was also impressed by the staff because they are not a full service hotel BUT they stepped up and were on top of any and all of my request ( I am known to be quite picky). The only thing I would do differently would to NOT go through a 3rd party website. They not only messed up my reservation(staff was very kind and helpful with figuring out what was going on) whch I ended up canceling) and they never informed hotel of my special request! Also, the front desk staff was able to get me a better price than the online website I had originally book through.
At the end of the day, I WILL be staying there again and I will recommend that hotel to family and friends whenever they are in town.

Room Tip: If you do not want a outdoor room ask to be on the 3rd floor, and the young lady at the front desk a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank S B
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel on our way home from Chicago because it was half way to home. We arrived and it looked like this hotel haven't been used in years. We checked in went to the room. The stairs to the second floor hadn't had the salt scrapped off them since it snowed which was like a few weeks ago. We go into the room and the shower and toilet were grossily stained and the floor was utterly filthy! We went downstairs and changed rooms and this time the lights didn't even turn on! We got a refund,this is not what a hotel in the chain of Marriot should be I'm quite asshamed that this hotel is apart of this chain!!!!!! And I have read a book on hospitality and I want to go into it and I should've looked into it more before my mom booked it!!!!!!!! Quite dissatisfied!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family