“A night with bed bugs”

Baymont Inn & Suites Kalamazoo East
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I normally never write reviews good or bad. I usually let things go if I'm not happy. This time it's different because it is related to kids health. We booked this hotel for Friday and Saturday night. I have to admit Friday night was the worst night. Kids and I couldn't sleep all night long. We had bed bugs crawling all over us. On top of that the room smelt super bad. What a horrible night with kids crying all night while getting bitten all over. Next morning we packed up our stuff and left the hotel. When we talked to the hotel staff they advised us that we need to talk to the manager because we are leaving one night early and will not get our refund for that one night unless we talk to him. Manager did not even come out to talk to me and just told people working at the front to go and call hotels com. This was the worst place ever what a nightmare. I wish there was a way I can post pictures of bug bites.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Daniel-Hafiz
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Kalamazoo East

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was by far one of the worst hotels I've ever been to. I am pretty sure I could have gotten better sleep if I slept in a cardboard box. The bed is the worst, the pillows are so soft they are useless. The rooms are filthy - I wanted to leave the second I got there. When we woke up to go get some complementary breakfast, there was nothing to eat except cold eggs that were made from a box and some hard stale bagels. There was nothing good about this hotel except the location. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 34alexs
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel sucks. Rooms awful. Beds terrible. Old, noisy, crappy, worn out everything.
Can't believe they still have 'outside' rooms with no protection or hallways.
So sad, it's like a roach motel. Can't believe Marriott let's this hotel stay in business.
Staff kind of rude. Saw some staff in their car smoking marijuana during a break.
Horrible, Terrible. Stay Away.

Room Tip: Tip? Stay away!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jenzoe8
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I am mot impressed and will not be staying at this Marriott again. It lowers my opinion of what is usually a quality hotel brand. the furniture is warn, the bed was miserable. The :hot breakfast" of powdered eggs. The staff seemed put off when asked to have the room made up after we had done some work in the morning in the room and then had been out for hours and returned to an unmade room. The toilet was leaking in a continuous flow. And you could hear the sounds of the nearby highway. Made you not want to sleep in on a Saturday morning just so you could get out of there! The heater/air conditioner only worked on fan.You can hear your neighbors inside and walking outside, and the floor feels like it has holes below the carper.. If you want a good night's sleep find another hotel. If you are writing your own les miserables, it might inspire you.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 26DL
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here when I was passing through Kzoo. This place is a dump! I am amazed that Marriott would allow any of it's brands to be associated with this facility. It's run down, I had to switch rooms because the heater was so loud and didn't work/wouldn't turn off. Wifi was slow, etc.... Big disappointment!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ejones77rtw
Reviewed March 1, 2013

As always this hotel didn't disappoint. Lovely lobby, good beds, very friendly staff. My only complaint was there were signs all over advertising breakfast sandwiches which didn't actually exist at breakfast. I have no problem with what they did have but having seen all the pictures the night before, that's what I was hungry for! So if you don't serve them, take down the signs!

Room Tip: If you're there in the middle of winter, 3rd floor will be the warmest.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had a great experiance at Fairfield Inn, Kalamazoo East MI. The room was clean and cozy, warm and the breakfast they serve is awsome. It was also quiet and when we needed some items the front desk was eager to help.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com