$62
CandlewoodSuites
$104
$119
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

$147
$136
Staybridge.com
$195
$156
  • Pool
$107
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

$96
$80
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Bathroom flooded and the hotel was not equipped to stop the water.
Did what I could to limit damage to the room until I figured out how to prevent further flooding.
Moved to another room at 2am and was still charged for the night.

Complained and received points for a free night.
No confidence that this hotel understands customer service or could respond better in the future.

Room Tip: If the room smells damp I would switch.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 413
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had higher expectations for this hotel based on my past experiences with Fairfield. Unfortunately, I should have done my research to find out that it's basically a motel on floors 1/2 and a hotel on floor 3. I was originally booked in a room on floor 1, but with cars and people coming and going, I switched to the third floor. The third floor is much more common for a hotel room in this tier It's pretty clean on a whole, but the sketchy motel feel will prevent me from coming back.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I expected more; as others noted, this looks like a former motel. Public areas could use a good cleaning, and the exterior is second rate. The room and bathroom was small but quite clean. Beds and pillows were comfy. The frig was a good size. Staff was attentive to needs except the breakfast team who left their area messy and poorly tended.

Room Tip: Choose a third floor room with interior hallway.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2012

It looks like it was formerly a motel. I was surprised that the bottom 2 floors of rooms were actually accessed from outside. The 3rd floor does have rooms that are accessed from the inside. But, it is a "nice" motel. The rooms were a little small and in the typical layout of motel rooms. But the furnishings were nice, everything was well maintained, and everything worked well. There was also a microwave and frig in the room. The frig was rather large for a motel room. Housekeeping did as good of a job as you will see at any good hotel.

The internet was decent. It was reliably available, but not as fast as I would have liked.

The staff was great. They were very helpful and courteous.

The breakfast was a little more than the average Fairfield. There were biscuits, sausage gravy, and sausage links every morning. That was in addition to the standard waffles, juices, coffee and bagels that you see in every Fairfield. What surprised me the most was dinner. On Monday through Friday they have dinner catered. I believe the schedule is Hooters on Monday, Lebanese (?) food on Tuesdays, italian on Wednesday and chinese on Thursdays. It was actually pretty good food.

Considering the rate was so good, it was way better than I expected. I would stay there again, especially if I was paying for it. The only reason I did not give the highest score is that it is a motel. I much prefer inside access to my room. Although the doors were very heavy and felt secure.

Room Tip: If you want inside access, get a room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Very nice,clean and friendly hotel. The staff was very nice upon arriving and helpful with all my questions, breakfast was great alot more than your normal continental breakfast. Bed was comfortable, and room was clean. I will stay here again the next time I am in Kalamazoo.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family