Comfort Inn(Kalamazoo)(Great Value!)
$125
$96
$80
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I expected more; as others noted, this looks like a former motel. Public areas could use a good cleaning, and the exterior is second rate. The room and bathroom was small but quite clean. Beds and pillows were comfy. The frig was a good size. Staff was attentive to needs except the breakfast team who left their area messy and poorly tended.

Room Tip: Choose a third floor room with interior hallway.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2012

It looks like it was formerly a motel. I was surprised that the bottom 2 floors of rooms were actually accessed from outside. The 3rd floor does have rooms that are accessed from the inside. But, it is a "nice" motel. The rooms were a little small and in the typical layout of motel rooms. But the furnishings were nice, everything was well maintained, and everything worked well. There was also a microwave and frig in the room. The frig was rather large for a motel room. Housekeeping did as good of a job as you will see at any good hotel.

The internet was decent. It was reliably available, but not as fast as I would have liked.

The staff was great. They were very helpful and courteous.

The breakfast was a little more than the average Fairfield. There were biscuits, sausage gravy, and sausage links every morning. That was in addition to the standard waffles, juices, coffee and bagels that you see in every Fairfield. What surprised me the most was dinner. On Monday through Friday they have dinner catered. I believe the schedule is Hooters on Monday, Lebanese (?) food on Tuesdays, italian on Wednesday and chinese on Thursdays. It was actually pretty good food.

Considering the rate was so good, it was way better than I expected. I would stay there again, especially if I was paying for it. The only reason I did not give the highest score is that it is a motel. I much prefer inside access to my room. Although the doors were very heavy and felt secure.

Room Tip: If you want inside access, get a room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Very nice,clean and friendly hotel. The staff was very nice upon arriving and helpful with all my questions, breakfast was great alot more than your normal continental breakfast. Bed was comfortable, and room was clean. I will stay here again the next time I am in Kalamazoo.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Driving up to the hotel I thought, "Wow, there are still hotels with outside entrance-ways?" My initial impression was pretty negative, but I left pretty satisfied. I was on the second floor, and did not encounter any problems with noise. My room was cleaned every day, the bed was comfortable, shower, A/C, and appliances worked well, and the room was very clean in general. My only complaint was the ancient TV, but it still worked! The pool area was well kept and enjoyable, and the fitness room was surprisingly good and bigger than most I have seen. I did not utilize the free breakfast, but my parents did and said it was fine. Desk staff weren't overly friendly but were hospitable nonetheless. Location is pretty bad, with no real restaurants, bars, or even convenience stores within walking distance, although it is extremely accessible to the airport and highway. Overall I was happy with my stay, but wished there was a bit more to the surrounding area.

Room Tip: I imagine the rooms on the second floor are quieter than on the first floor due to cars driving up at all hours.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Emma D
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My room is very small. It is an old Fairfield. It is not in the best area. There were 4 trucks outside my door last night changing tires in the parking lot. It is not up to Marriott standards.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business