$63
$102
CandlewoodSuites
$119
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$147
$136
Staybridge.com
$129
$107
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

$118
$96
$80
$156
Travelocity
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Looks like one of the original Fairfield Motels with the outside doors on the lower floors and the third floor enclosed with interior doors but still somewhat accessible with keycard from the outdoor stairs. The employees are great and it has one of the better breakfasts and includes dinner three times per week as well from local restaurants. For the corporate price I paid, it was a really good value for the buck.

Room Tip: Ask for the enclosed third floor and an even number room since it will put you on the opposite side of the freeway (I-94W) and its noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This hotel is right off I94 just south of Downtown Kalamazoo. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express (adjacent to the Fairfield), but at 2:30am they only had a couple overpriced suites available so we decided to try this hotel.

Upon entering, the front desk attendant was friendly and helpful. He got us checked in quickly at a reasonable rate and we were in our room a few minutes later. The 2 things we noticed right off - it was absolutely freezing in there and it smelled like cigarette smoke. Not like someone had just smoked - but like the room had been a smoking room for years and the smell was ingrained. We cranked the heater and did our best to stay warm as we prepared for bed. The sheets were icy cold and the floor was so cold you couldn't even walk in bare feet. I understand and appreciate the need to conserve energy - but this was a bit extreme! We woke up at 6am so hot we couldn't even think... the opposite extreme!

The breakfast bar offered up your standard fair of powdered-eggs and mini-frozen sausages along with some fruit, yogurt and muffins. Nothing special but enough to get you on your way.

Aside from those 2 issues, you have your basic 2 star hotel. It was clean enough, not the best linens or most comfortable bed, but functional. We'd probably go back to the HI Express next time, but it was worth saving about $60 at the Fairfield for the short time we were there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2012

we were coming from TEXAS to Chicago, due to snow storm our flight was delayed 5 hours, we were meeting our son to get our granddaughter to bring back to TX, well they arrived at the hotel long before us and they were not stay all night, I called the hotel and spoke with Melanie, she let them have our hotel room key so the baby didn't have to stay outside in the storm for the 5 hours, I have never had a hotel do this before, THANK YOU,
the room was very toasty, and warm, and extremely clean, the only con was even though we had to leave 4 hours after arriving, they do not serve breakfast till late on weekends, so we couldn't eat before leaving, I would love to come back and stay here again for more then 4 hours

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FortWorthMomof2
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I travel quite a bit to Kalamazoo and this hotel is perfect! Their staff is wonderful and rooms are very clean. Their breakfast choices are healthy and they even have free dinners during the week which helps me save some money. I've recommended other hotels in the past to my colleagues and a couple weren't too happy with me, but so far not one complained about Kalamazoo East.... Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: Every room is great!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dan b
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I happened to be traveling through Kalamazoo when they happened to be getting a snow storm. I decided to stay at the Fairfield East because it was right off the express way. I was surprised when I checked in and they told me about the dinner they offer to the guests. I was very pleased with my stay. The staff was so friendly and the manager was very helpful. I will definitly stay again when I come back to the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo