See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I purchased the hotel room through priceline for 02/19/11-02/25/11. When I went to check in on 02/19/11, I was told that $100 dep. was due and without that deposit, I would not be able to check into the room despite the fact that the room was already completely paid for. Neither priceline nor the hotel site mentioned a deposit being due upon check in. I have stayed at a few priceline hotels and have never been required to leave a credit card nor cash deposit for the pre-paid rooms. I had to call the hotel's corporate office in order to have the hotel's staff check me in without the $100 deposit. Although the hotel staff did proceed to check me in w/o the deposit, I would told that I would have to give them the $100 in 2 days, or they would terminate the balance of my hotel stay and consequently I would lose the money that I had already tendered for the balance of the stay.

02/20/11, I gave $100 to the hotel for a deposit. 02/21/11 at 11P, the power went out at the hotel due to bad weather. The hotel's emergency lights came on, but only lasted for an hour. At 12A, 02/22/11, the emergency lights went out, leaving the room without electricity, phones, and heat. At 2A, 02/22/11 I went down to the front desk to ask for a flashlight, candles, any guest accomodations. When I got to the desk, the front desk girl turned on a flashlight and told me there were no accommodations, and she had the only property flashlight and that that flashlight was about to go out. I returned to my room. 6:30A, I had to get ready for work. The room was still pitch dark. I had to use the light from my cell phone to navigate the room. I went down to the front desk to see if they'd gotten any flashlights or candles for the guests....still nothing. I went back to my room and got dressed in the dark (save the light from my cell phone). Needless to say, there was no hotel breakfast that morning due to the power outage. I was also told by the front desk that they would not reimburse me for the food that I had in my hotel room fridge which had been sitting overnight with no power. The hotel remained without power until approx. 8P that evening. I asked the front desk if they would be reimbursing the guest for that night without electricity and heat. They told me no because the cause of the power outage was an act of God. The following day, 02/23/11 there was still no hotel breakfast, and I discovered that the hotel had put an unauthorized $23 charge on my credit card. When I questioned the manager, Lance Ratich about the charge, he told me that he didn't know why the charge was there. He told me to quit giving him a hard time, and he said he would credit the money back to my card. As of today, 02/28/11, I still have not received the money back on my credit card. Needless to say, this hotel stay was HORRIBLE! From the unknown deposit, power outage w/o guest accommodations, no guest breakfast, unauthorized credit card charge, and beyond rude hotel manager, Lance Ratich, I am beyond compelled to write this review in the hopes that the hotel will be required to make some adjustments so that other guests will not encounter the same abuses. I did not get the full benefit of my bargain (i.e. what I paid for), and that fact, in and of itself, is poor business! I wouldn't make my worst enemy endure a stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank justme05
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Upon the arrival of the hotel I was not sure what to expect, however when I walked in I was greeted by a young woman with a beautiful big smile. The lobby of the hotel is very nice with fire places and big screen televisions. My room was small but very comfortable and clean which is the most important thing to me when I travel. The one thing that really bothered me the most was the fact that my room was facing the highway, however there is nothing that coule be done about that as the hotel was very very busy that day. I look forward to my future trip to the Fairfield Inn

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank dqphilly
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn East in Kalamazoo Michigan and couldn't have been happier. Myself and family travel a great deal because of my current job and have seen our share of hotels. This has to be the best one I've seen in a long time, to begin the staff was fabulous and so freindly and went out of their way to make us feel very welcome as this was our first trip to kalamazoo. My children just adored their sales women Jennifer as she made them laugh and giggle everytime they came to the lobby. I'm just so very pleased with everything and felt I should let everyone know and I will for sure be staying at this location the next time I visit kalamazoo.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank gm23
Reviewed September 16, 2010

We spent on night at the Kzoo Fairfield Inn. Upon arriving, i noticed that the hotel had outside walkways to the rooms--not interior walk ways like every other Fairfield Inn I have ever stayed at. I think that this was, at one time, run under brand name other than Fairfield Inn. As a general rule, I am not crazy about hotels with exterior room access--I think the rooms can be noisy, and I also have concerns about security, and had I known this was the design of this hotel, i would not have stayed here. The room itself was clean---rahter small, with a king size bed taking up the vast majority of the room space. The bathroom itself was also quite small. The furnishings were a bit dated, some of the wall paper peeling a bit, but perfectly adequate for a single night's stay. The front desk staff was efficient and friendly. And, I should add, that in spite of the room having an exteriro hallway (an our room faced the interstate), the room was quite quiet. Generally, my experience with Fairfield Inn's are positive, this one was ok---not horrible, but also not the best either.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2010

My wife and I stayed here one night while attending a wedding in Kalamazoo. The building and grounds look pretty run down and old. The lobby seemed somewhat newly redone with a pretty nice breakfast area. I read something about rooms being newly refurbished, but our room definitely was not. The room was very small. The hotel mentions free internet, but there was no wireless and nothing mentioned in the room so I am not sure if that is true. The bathrooms were very tiny, but the shower was decent. The room had a microwave and fridge which were both nice. The bed was actually pretty comfortable compared to other lower end hotels. The free breakfast was not very good compared to most hotels.

There was nothing really bad about our stay for the night however I probably would not stay at this location again just due to the size of the room and the shape that the physical building and surrounding area was it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple