Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewscracker barrelfront deskdecent valuebreakfast hoursroom was cleanupon checkthe breakfast areafitness centernice place to stayfree breakfastoff the highwaylobbyelevatorinnstelephonetubcollege
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2013

After reading bad reviews, expectations were low. However, after renovations a year ago the facility was attractive, comfortable and pretty clean. After a summer of hard use from travelers with kids, there were a few spills on the carpet, and the elevator carpet needed cleaning. Staff
was very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable with lovely bedding. Breakfast was the usual continental with many choices. Parking lot clean without people lurking around. I don't understand the bad reviews. This is not a 5* hotel, but neither are the prices. Highway noises were not an issue with the heater/AC/fan totally masking it. We will stop there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: A room on the side opposite the highway will be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexis B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our property. I am the new General Manager at this property and my team and I have been hard at work to correct issues past guests have noted. I am glad to hear that our improvements are being felt by our guests. We appreciate you taking the time to share that here on TripAdvisor.

Next time your travels bring you to Kalamazoo we look forward to hosting you!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

On the surface - this seems like an average Fairfield Inn. Scratch below the surface just a little bit, and things change rapidly.

My list of concerns about this property that will ensure I never return to it:

1. I'm a Marriott Gold member, all of my room requests were not met (or ignored).
2. The construction and windows are not suitable for location near an Interstate and exit. Very loud highway noise all night.
3. Bags of garbage in the stairwell throughout the night on the first floor.
4. Wake up and found well over 50 black ants in my room. Blech.
5. Fair to average customer service.

Lot's of hotel choices in Kalamazoo and Battle Creek. I'd recommend not staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jra3
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The elevator scares the hell out of me every time you go up or down in-sounds like it's ready to come down at any time. The breakfast was average compared to other Fairfields. Rooms and the service was average. So, basically the weekend was average.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were booked in this hotel on June 28-29. There was a boys baseball team also booked that Friday night. They were running around screaming in the hallways, slamming doors and in wet bathing suits leaving puddles from the poiol area, throughout the lobby and down the halls (obviously not toweled off). It was going strong after 10pm. At 1050pm, I went to the front desk to ask if someone could do something about quieting down the hall and lobby noise. They apologized and said they hoped it would improve after the pool closed at 11. It didn't. At midnight still much of the same. that I could see, NO ONE took any responsibility to handle the situation, and there were other non-baseball people in the hotel. WORST experience ever at a Fairfield (and I am an elite level Marriott member). Never staying here again!! I realize you can't control everyone, but no one even tried to quiet things down.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Overnight stay while traveling was okay. Nothing special. Nothing bad. Room a bit tight BUT appreciated the large stuffed chair, refrigerator, etc. room numbering system a little different. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple