“Superior Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Casey & the staff went above and beyond to make my birthday celebration so special. The staff had a surprise birthday party for me and passed around & signed a birthday card. There was birthday cake and ice cream to share with everyone at the customer appreciation party. I stay here several days every week and am a Priority Club customer. Casey, the staff at the front desk, in the restaurant, and housekeeping staff are so thoughtful and have provided superior customer service for me and make me feel like a King. My birthday party was the icing on the cake and made me feel very special. Their thoughtfulness brought tears to my eyes. I highly recommend staying at this Holiday Inn location! Sincerely, CS

Room Tip: Room 443 is my favorite room, very roomy, quiet, and is always reserved for me every week.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Amber A, Front Desk/Concierge staff at Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hello!

We are so thrilled that our staff was really able to 'WOW" you for your birthday! It is wonderful to hear that we have provided such good and reliable service to one of our most loyal regular guests. We hope that we will have future opportunities to celebrate your birthday here with us in Kalamazoo!

-Amber and the Holiday Inn Team

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Choose the hotel, via on-line, because it had a pool and activity area for the kids. Easy parking and easy access to the rooms via elevators. Room was orderly. The remote was a bit gross. Hotels may wish to make cleaning the remote part of the cleaning procedure. Room was quiet because we chose one that wasn't on the highway side of the hotel or off of the activity area. Activity area was great for keeping the kids entertained. The resident restaurant had awesome service. Our waiter was amazingly efficient. Food was just OK.

Would recommend for a family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the highway side or off of the activity area if you want peace and qui...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Management response:Responded September 3, 2013

Hello!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback about your stay! We are definitely proud of our Hollidome pool area, and are thrilled that your children were able to enjoy one of our greatest features.

We are very sorry about the difficulties with your remote, and we will make sure that we pay closer attention to keeping them clean in the future.

It's great to hear that you experienced such wonderful service at our Burdick's restaurant, and we hope you will come back and visit us again in the future!

-Amber and the front desk team

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was in Kalamazoo recently for the wedding of a friend. They had not blocked off rooms, so deciding to stay here was MY choice. The turn-in to the road leading to the hotel could be better marked. The front desk staff was courteous and provided me with a bag of snacks for being a premium club member.
The room was on the 4 floor. It was described as a room that overlooks the pool, but this isn't entirely accurate. I'm 5'8" and when I looked out the window I could see part of the building and roof. If I stooped a bit I could see the deck adjacent to the pool. Probably still better than overlooking the parking lot and freeway.
The room was spacious and the king-size bed was firm and comfortable. There were some minor staining on the edge of the fitted sheet, but the sleeping surface was clean. There was a comfortable couch that can fold out to a double bed. A good TV with a decent selection of channels. There was an iron and ironing board in the closet, a microwave and small fridge. There was a soda machine and ice machine down the hall.
The bathroom was clean and spacious, but there were some stains on the hand towels. The bath towels and washcloths were clean. The toilet was malfunctioning and I called the front desk for assistance. after being on hold for over 5 minutes they said they'd get someone from engineering up to check it out. Prior to engineering showing up it started to work and continued to work for the duration of my stay.
After the wedding I returned around midnight and all was quiet. No noise complaints and was able to sleep through the night. Checkout was uneventful. I had breakfast plans so I didn't get a chance to sample their food or room service. All in all I would probably look for somewhere else to stay, but wouldn't have a problem if I had to go back here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded September 3, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave leave such comprehensive feedback about your stay with us. We are glad that you were able to enjoy a quiet and relaxing stay with us. We will be sure to pass your feedback about the towels and sheets on to our housekeeping staff.

We are sorry you were unable to sample the food at our Burdick's restaurant, we hope you will come back and stay with us sometime in the future so you can try it out!

-Amber and the front desk team

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Dan was one of the best servers I've ever had the privilege to watch. I open restaurants and train teams (mgr and staff) for a living. I would kill to film this guy for our classes. Great experience! Thanks again Dan!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We would like to say this was a very nice hotel but from several of the other reviews we were very hesitant to make reservations. The hotel is very nice and the room was very clean and large. The bathroom was excellent! New facilities...the toilet is one of the "cruise line flushes." It has lots of activities for a family, though it was just the two of us for this night. Hope this review will help others in deciding if they want to stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Upon checking in, I handed the desk my Holiday Inn rewards card and was surprised to receive two cards for a free buffet breakfast for the two mornings of our stay. Since there is no continental breakfast at this hotel, it was a nice to have.

Our stay here was for a baseball tournament. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The guys on the teams enjoyed staying here because of the game room and the pool.

The staff was friendly. Other guests were having issues with pets on their floor. It sounded like someone left their dogs in their room for a while and the dogs were quite loud. The hotel was nice and gave the guests reporting the issue a credit of one night's stay for their inconvenience.

I would suggest requesting a room not on the floor were pets are allowed if you want peace and quiet. Also, there are some rooms that face the pool and game room area, this may be another area to avoid if noise bothers you.

This hotel seems more family geared and is a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Avoid the floor that allows rooms with pets in them and pool and game room area if you want a good n...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed for a lacrosse tournament. The hotel was great about getting our team in the same area and helped with every request we had. The restaurant staff allowed us to purchase a gallon of milk and a pitcher of OJ for our team breakfast. The only damper on the trip was the security guard hounding our boys. He wouldn't let them walk between rooms after 10:00pm. The boys were being respectful and weren't running, but he was a bit overzealous in the prosecution of his duties. There wasn't a continental breakfast and the buffet was $10 for a continental breakfast. A bit pricey, but it was okay. We'd stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends