“Worst Baymont Ever”

Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Thomasville
“Worst Baymont Ever”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We could not find the hotel because the outside lights were not lit. We called the hotel and the desk clerk could not give us directions to the hotel. He told us to look for the Red Roof Inn (their signs were lit). We had a reservation but the hotel did not have a record of it. The desk clerk was rude and arrogant. The air conditioner you could not shut off. Most of the controls were damaged. There was no mattress pad on the bed; no bath mat and no shampoo. The shower was a joke. The hall was dirty and there was a laundry basket of soiled linens outside our room when we checked in late at night. We've had better breakfasts at a Mote 6. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: In my experience, Wyndham properties east of the Mississippi are poor, but those west of the Mississ...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tynisha C, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I apologize for the inconvenience of finding the hotel and the issues within the hotel. I appreciate your review and have addressed all your issues. We stride in good customer service and hotel cleanliness. On your next visit to Kalamazoo I would like to extend a discount to you for the inconvenience during your last stay. Please call the hotel and I will personally assist you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Loveland
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Kalamazoo Baymont is located close to our family in the area and is a good place to stay when traveling with your pet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Tynisha C, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting your family and your review. We look forward to having as a guest on your next visit to Kalamazoo.
Sterling Heights
Reviewed August 6, 2013

A group of 19 stayed here for two nights. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were kept very clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Tynisha C, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your buiness and the review. Glad that your group stay was pleasant. We would look forward to having you as guest in the future.
Saginaw
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel did not have our reservation and we did make a phone reservation two days previously. After 15 minutes they found our reservation under a misspelled name. The power went out and the hallways had no lights and the tv did not work. We were charged the full amount and I feel we should of received a discount. It was sticky in the room and the air did not work very well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Tynisha C, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hi Brian,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience due to the power outage. When matters of this nature arise we try to accommodate the guest to the best of our ability. Unfortunenately, the power outage was out of our control and this limits the guest to usage of hotel amenities. I hope that you choose to stay with us again. Please call the hotel directly and we can ensure a pleasant stay.
Chester
Reviewed July 23, 2013

First of all, when we booked, we had to book 2 nights as 2 separate stays as we only had enough rewards points for one night and the system wouldn't let us book one night with points and one night paid. When we arrived, we were told that this wasn't a problem and we could stay in the same room for both nights. However, the woman checking us in couldn't figure out how to check us in with a reward stay. She finally called the owner, who also couldn't figure out what was going on for awhile, asked to talk to me, and only asked if I had a confirmation number (which I did). We waited almost 20 minutes for the check-in process to complete. That night, a storm came through the area and knocked out the power (not the hotel's fault). However, we spent a rather uncomfortable evening as the room was very hot and there was no emergency lighting in the room. In the morning, there was still no power, so breakfast was pretty terrible. We were in town for a wedding, so we left for the morning with plans to come back and get ready for the wedding later in the day. While we were getting ready, housekeeping knocked on our door asking when we were leaving. We told them that we were staying another night. A few minutes later, we got a call telling us that we needed to go re-check in. (Noone had told us about this earlier, but even so, we would not have been able to do so in the morning as the power was out.) When I went downstairs, the front desk didn't know what I was talking about. They finally found my reservation. I resigned the paper and put the same credit card on file for a second time and headed back to the room. About 20 minutes later, we got another knock from housekeeping, asking us if we were staying for another night. When we checked out, I mentioned that we were frustrated with the lack of the communication at the hotel. The front desk clerk immediately got defensive and said that "We do have communication." Good customer service would indicate that when a customer is frustrated, you don't argue with them, but try to make it right. Plus, the night I had to pay for cost me $118. The room and hotel was not worth it. The elevator is old and slow. There were cigarette burn marks in the ottoman, and the bathroom floor had a gross film on it. These things made the room not worth the price, but the very poor customer service was what really put me over the edge.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Tynisha C, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hi Chester, communication is very important and I do apologize for the lack of communication during your stay. I investigated your review and spoke with my staff on ways to improve communication and making sure that the guest is checked in a timely manner. I look forward to you staying with us again. Please call me personal.