“Very clean place to stay for the money.”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
“Very clean place to stay for the money.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

we always stay at a Hyatt or Hilton but after looking at reviews I thought we would try this place & and we really liked how clean the whole place was ! The breakfast needs work & the area to eat in is tiny but overall great place !!! Only odd thing was the counter workers kid was on the computer from when we checked in at 3:00 p.m. till 11:00 p.m. I brought my laptop but internet wasn't great in room so I had to wait till 11:00 p.m. for counter workers shift to end so I could use their computer to check on my work.

• Stayed August 2013
AmericInnHotel, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We are happy to know you finally decided to allow us the AmericInn brand hospitality. We are glad your overall experience was a great; however, let us fully apologize for the situation of the business center. It has been seriously dealt with. We hope that this has not hindered your reason for not coming back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 29, 2013

A little tricky to find. The location hides behind the Marriott just off the expressway that runs between Chicago and Detroit. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. A little small in size but will work in most cases. Did not use the pool or hot tub at this facilities. Breakfast was the typical red dot special and a little crowded with the layout. Avoid taking a room facing the highway, you will hear the truck traffic all night long.

Room Tip: If your a light sleeper, do not accept a room facing the expressway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and yes I have heard on occasion that the rooms facing the highway can be bothersome for those who are light sleepers.
Elkhart Indiana
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The motel was very nice. Room was clean. Staff was very polite helpful. Only one thing was the location. It was about 500 feet from I-94. Weather was nice so we sat outside. Noise was somewhat annoying. However the room was quite. Part of the reason may have been that the room was on the opposite side from the road.

Stayed August 2013
We always like to hear that the hotel and its rooms are clean. We take pride in the cleanliness and delighted that you noticed.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were forced to stay at the AmericInn in Kalamazoo when our tour vehicle broke down during the last few days of our music tour. The staff was very empathetic to our situation and gave us a discounted room, but there was no discount in the service. The rooms were great with a king sized bed, a pull out couch, refrigerator, microwave, and good views.

We ended up being here for 2 days and both of which were sad nights for us in the tour, but good, comfortable nights in a nice hotel.

I hope to never see Kalamazoo again, but if I do this is where I will stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Paul A
It was unfortunate of your situation, but happy to know my staff took care of you to make your day a better one.
Madison, WI
Reviewed July 14, 2013

On a recent trip we needed to stay in Kalamazoo one night. All of the hotels we had stayed at in the past were booked so we checked Trip-Advisor and found this hotel. It looked like it would be fine for one night so we checked the price and booked it. I was a little concerned because the price was about two-thirds of what other hotels in the area were charging. There was no reason to be concerned. It is a very nice hotel. As others have noted finding the driveway is a little challenging. The Entrance for the Residence Inn is the same entrance for this hotel. The Residence Inn sign is larger so just look for that and you will be fine. The room was clean and we had no problems during our stay. The only thing we missed is that there was not a mini-fridge in the room. The breakfast was average with enough variety for everyone to find something to eat. If you are looking for a clean, reasonably priced place to stay this works great.

Room Tip: We asked for a room not facing the highway as recomended by other reviews. It was quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Good to know you finally gave us a chance and it was a success. Yes, AmericInn of Kalamazoo is great in value and the updated property is in great shape
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This place is your typical bad hotel but the price suggested that it was a little nicer. I was disappointed about the noise, old smoke smell, and rude staff. However, I will say that the bathroom was big! There are lots of places in Kalamazoo and I regret not staying somewhere else. Oh well!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
We are sorry that your experience was not satisfactory and yes there are many hotels in Kalamazoo that you can stayat. However, many do not offer a great value with an updated/clean property like that of the AmericInn Hotel or what many have raved about within their TripAdvisor reviews.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I checked into this damp hotel late and left early, I didn't eat, smoke, or drink in the room -- I just slept. However when I came home I discovered a $100 charge to my bill. When I called to discuss the extra charge with the manager, Ash Patel hung up on me!

It was both a strange and a very frustrating experience. I'd suggest staying at any one of the many other inexpensive options in Kalamazoo!

Room Tip: The first floor smelled like mold from pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
We are sad to hear that your experience was disappointing. We do not understand the meaning behind "damp hotel," as this a newly renovated property. We would assume this is a comment of frustration as the reference to a "mold" smell on the first floor. We have a delightful smell compliment of Febreze. AmericInn Hotel is not in the business of cheating our guests. What you were referring to was the hold of a $100 incidental fee that is required of all guests and it is immediately released upon check out.